~ Part 48 ~

I sped up to my bedroom and practically collapsed onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling in wonder and exhaustion. My head felt heavy and my arms felt weak. I didn't want to move from where I was for anything and I definitely wanted to close my eyes to sleep but I felt a gentle dip next to me. I turned my head to see Colby sitting there looking out that huge window at the sea. We existed in silence for a little while until I reached out and grabbed his hand to pull him down with me. "Tired?" He asked in a quiet voice. He sounded just as tired as I did.

"Unbelievably." I nodded as he laid down beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist. His face nuzzled into the back of my neck sending chills down my spine. "It's been a crazy few days." I was mumbling and very lucky that Colby would be able to understand me anyway.

"You think?" He joked, his lips grazing ever so gently over my skin. I smiled at the feeling, remembering everything that's happened specifically with him instead of being stressed out. I sighed deeply. "What are you thinking about?" He asked quietly, still doing that wonderful tickling thing to the back of my neck without even knowing it.

"Us." I replied instantly.

"Hopefully nothing bad?" I smiled as I rolled over to face him, cuddling close to his chest but making eye contact with him.

"Quite the opposite. I love you." I told him, staring right into his eyes. He smiled and playfully growled at me so I did the same back. We kissed for a few moments, encapsulating me in a bubble of just... happiness. Pure joy. I love being with him so much. I really can't believe that we literally have forever now.

"I love you too." He slowly looked down my body, his eyes lingering on my hips before he grabbed them and pulled me to him. "I hate that he touched you again." He said, avoiding my eyes.

"I hate it too." I admitted, looking down at his hands, which were slowly getting cheeky. We made eye contact as he pulled my bottom half very suddenly closer, making my breathing stop with a gasp.

"Next time he does that, a stake will go through his heart." Colby growled. His eyes had gotten smaller, his face slipping into vampire mode. Once again, it made me feel a certain type of way. His eyes flicked back to me, a smirk twisting up his lips. "Why does that always happen?"

"Shut it." I snapped, climbing on top of him. He chuckled at me but said no more as I leaned down.