~ Part 53 ~

Everyone had been acting weird all evening, especially Colby. He'd stayed at my place the day just passed and we were planning on going back to the house but he kept finding little things to stall me with. And it was annoying. But I couldn't figure out what was going on... until I got to his phone first.

'He's leaving in ten minutes' from Katrina. I turned to Colby with raised eyebrows and crossed arms. He just bit his lip, knowing I was mad by that point. "Colby..." I said slowly, making sure I had his full attention. "Who is Kat talking about?" He just kept staring at me. "Son of a bitch!" I realised. The one thing everyone would keep from me; Rachel's guy friend. I sped as fast as I could from my place, even faster than Colby, up to the mansion. The moment, I opened the door, I could hear Rachel's heart beat rising.

"Uh oh, she figured it out." Sam said in an amused tone. The unfamiliar scent was upstairs so I followed it. They were in Rachel's room alone! I knocked on the door gently.

"Yeah?" She called back, knowing it was me but she didn't want to say anything. I waited for her to open the door, although she didn't. It was her guy friend instead, or I assume that's who he was. "Oh, Ness, this is Bryan. Bryan, this is Vanessa."

"Nice to meet you." I said, shaking his hand but squeezing a little extra on purpose. He flinched a bit then stepped back, sitting down on her bed.

"You too." I crossed my arms, looking between the two of them. He looked at Rachel for help.

"What are you guys doing in here?" I asked.

"Nope, out." Rachel said, jumping up and pushing me through the door, slamming it in my face. I growled low enough in my throat that they wouldn't hear it but everyone else would. I sped down to the garage, straight onto the beanbag, arms still crossed. Everyone else was grinning at me.

"Don't look at me like that." I snapped, watching the ceiling to make sure they weren't doing anything. Colby nudged my foot but I ignored him.

"Vanessa, leave them alone." Sam said with a laugh. I slowly shook my head. "He's leaving in a minute anyway."

"Good." I grumbled. I heard the door open upstairs and, before any of them could stop me, sped into the living room, hiding in the shadows. Rachel and Bryan walked down the stairs together, weirdly close.

"Thanks for helping me, I really don't understand that one question." Rachel said to him, all smiley and lovesick, well it looked that way anyway. I narrowed my eyes.

"It's no problem. Let me know if you need anymore help." He winked at her... suspicious... I didn't like it.

"I will." They hugged (!!!) then he walked to the front door. She watched him leave with a massive smile on her face, literally waiting until he was completely gone to come inside. I stepped out of the shadows as she turned around, making her scream. "Ness!" She exclaimed. I faltered my motherly persona for a second to grin.

"What were you two doing?" I asked my earlier question again, crossing my arms over my chest. She gave me a look, doing the same thing across the hall. I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm not telling you." She shook her head.

"Ness, come in here a second." Colby said from the garage.

"Stay here." I warned Rachel, speeding to the garage. Colby motioned for me to sit next to him. "What?" I asked.

"Rachel, run!" He yelled.

"No-" I couldn't get to her in time, Colby grabbing my wrist so firmly that I couldn't get out to interrogate Rachel some more. I groaned, hearing her door shut upstairs. "You bitch! I'm gonna kill you later." I snapped, settling down. Colby and everyone laughed at me as I cuddled into my boyfriend anyway.

"Seems like it."