~ Part 14 ~

Clatter. Footstep. Bang. Growl. Bang. Groan. That's what I woke up to that evening. It was definitely coming from the kitchen and it sounded unbelievably annoying. Not to mention that I didn't even have Colby's arms around me to keep me calm or make me feel better. I opened my eyes and sat up straight, concentrating on the sound of somebody cursing to themselves. "Are you really that bad at cooking, dude?" Sam asked with an amused tone to his voice. But he was calm so it wasn't an intruder making a racket.

"Maybe I am. You judging?" Aaron answered angrily. There was another little clatter followed by the laughter of a bunch of guys. Another groan rang out through the house.

"I mean, just a little." Jake giggled like a girl and a few others chuckled. It sounded like the whole house was down there. I sped to the closet, changing and immediately speeding down the stairs.

"I swear, you guys just hate it when I sleep." I complained as I grabbed Colby's hand. He smiled sympathetically at me then nodded towards Aaron.

"He's trying to cook for a girl coming round later." He told me and that definitely caught my attention. I looked at the food that was on the counter to see he was ether missing an ingredient, or he was planning on having an onion-less spaghetti and bolognese.

"Pretty sure you need onions." I said casually as I watched him look at the counter and groan. I rolled my eyes at him, speeding over to help. "Here, I'll set everything up for you and while you attempt to start it, I'll run to the store and get the missing ingredient." Aaron's eyes softened and he let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Life saver!" He exclaimed. I just nodded and sped up the stairs to gather all of the girls.

"We're going to the store, come with and I'll buy you whatever you want." Within moments, almost at vampire speed honestly, Kat, Devyn and Tara were ready to go. I smiled at them and we went back downstairs.

"Guess you're stealing our girls for half an hour?" Sam questioned as he stared at Kat's outfit. I just shrugged my shoulders with a wide smile on my face and went up to Colby, lifting myself onto my toes to kiss him. The butterflies in my stomach didn't fail me. Although, it was cut short by a small hand grabbing mine and dragging me towards the front door.

"Come on!" Devyn squeaked like a mouse. I laughed and nodded, waving to everyone and slipping out to the drive. We got into my car, which had been sitting out there for so long now. Or it felt like forever. Kat was talking about chocolate as if it were what she worshipped, which I couldn't judge. Who doesn't worship chocolate, right?

The Shifter // Colby Brockजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें