~ Part 29 ~

I placed my phone down on the coffee table, listening to it ringing. Colby was still at the mansion to discuss clan stuff with them that I wasn't too interested in. Mostly it was about their money and whatever. I was nervous for this call because it meant that I'd officially be my father's enemy. Finally, the person picked up. "Hey, honey." My mother's voice sent chills down my spine knowing what I was about to do.

"Hey, mom. Uh... is dad around?" There was a long pause on the other side, a few quiet words exchanged that I didn't bother to listen to.

"Why?" Anxiety shot through me.

"I'm telling him." Is all I could manage out.

"Honey, not over the phone. And think about what you're doing because this is a huge thing."

"I know, mom. And I'm not telling him over the phone. I want to meet up with him." another long pause then, finally, my father's voice came through the speakers.

"Hey, Ness. How are you?" God, he's exactly the same. He has no idea what he'll know in about an hour's time.

"I'm good, you?" I knew he could hear the nervousness in my voice and it terrified me even more.

"Good, good. Are you sure you're okay? You sound worried." I gulped and sucked in a breath.

"I need to um... I need to meet you somewhere." I waited for his reply.

"Okay... where?"

"Is there a meeting tonight?"

"No, why?"

"Meet me at the meeting house, please. And it's really important." Another godforsaken pause.

"Alright. I'll see you soon, Ness."

"See you." I hung up and leaned back on the couch taking the biggest breath I could. My brain physically hurt from that. Time for call no. 2. I found Jade's contact and pressed call. I hoped to God she'd agree to come with me, just to convince my father not to stake me if it came to it.

"Ness! Your mom just texted me saying you're gonna do something dumb!" She exclaimed the second the call had connected. I let out a little laugh and shook my head.

"I'm telling my dad about... me." Jade sighed on the other side.

"Why? Can't you just disappear in his eyes? Surely he wouldn't push to see you too much if you were with your vampire friends and boyfriend."

"I can't, Jade. Plus, I've already arranged to meet him at the meeting building, can you come with? I need you to be by my side and make sure he doesn't stake me."

"That has to be the weirdest request I've had in a while, but sure. I'll make sure he doesn't kill you."

"Thank you! Also, I'm bringing a few of the clan so that my dad doesn't know I'm a vampire immediately." Jade paused for what seemed like a really long time.

"If you're sure..." we finally hung up and I picked up my phone again to call Kevin. He answered after seconds.

"Hey, dude. You with Colby?" If he was, I knew he'd be staring at him awkwardly.

"Uh, yeah, why?" I bit my lip nervously as to figure out how to do this.

"Can you not be for a few minutes?"

"Sure..." I heard the 'whoosh' of him speeding away and waited for him to speak again. "He shouldn't be able to hear from here. What's up?"

"I need a favour from you and Corey..."