~ Part 7 ~

"You need to control your hunger." Colby told me. I hadn't even noticed it but my face had been changing all the while I'd been in the garage with so many humans around. He stared at my face enough to notice, I guess.

"Yeah, have fun with blood bags now." Elton scoffed, his voice sounding annoyed. He even rolled his eyes and looked away from me.

"She doesn't necessarily need to have blood bags." Jade replied, shaking her head. I frowned at her, my head tilting to the side. "Jake feeds on Tara. Corey feeds on Devyn. Sam feeds on Katrina. Colby did feed on you." She continued to explain what she was insinuating. Colby's eyes widened a little with realisation. Me, on the other hand, I was beyond confused.

"What are you saying?" I asked her finally, my curiosity reaching its peak. She sighed and shifted her hair from her shoulder.

"I'm saying, I trust you. You can feed on me." My mouth immediately salivated at those words, my body knowing exactly what it meant. I gulped and shook my head.

"N-no. I've never fed on anyone before. I probably won't stop." I panicked. My fangs were trying desperately to break through my gums. The worst part was that I wanted to bite her.

"We're all here. You'll be fine." Aaron suggested, motioning to Jade. Everyone's eyes were on me. "I'm sure one of us could pull you away from her." I flicked my gaze to Colby who was still staring at me. He hadn't really stopped.

"Honestly, it'll be okay." Jade stood up and came closer to me. Her blood filled my nose and I hissed at her uncontrollably, my fangs finally dropping down. I snapped them back up immediately, turning my face away. "Ness." I held my breath before I even dared to look back at her.

"I can't kill you too." I said simply, my voice laced with sadness.

"Okay, one, you didn't kill Cathy. The old vampires did. And two, Colby won't let you kill me. And neither will the others." She motioned around the room. So many vampires. They're all stronger than me because they're older and generally stronger.

"Make. Me. Stop." I said to Colby, staring directly at his face. He stared back at me with a little smile.

"I promise." I turned back to Jade and took a deep breath. Not the best idea considering her blood started to drive me crazy. My fangs dropped down and I knew my face had changed. I edged forwards hesitantly but soon enough, my instincts took over. It wasn't long before I could taste her blood. It was strangely satisfying as it went down my throat at the speed of lightning. I didn't know when to stop. And I wasn't sure if I could even when I wanted to. Colby tapped my shoulder gently to tell me to stop. I didn't want to. And I couldn't. My instincts were keeping me attached to my best friend. "Ness." Colby said sternly. Memories of the girl beneath my teeth flashed before my eyes. I thought of everything, from all the way back when we were kids. Finally, I gathered the strength I needed. I retracted my fangs with a gasp, speeding away from everyone as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going, I was just going. Anywhere, really.