~ Part 1 ~

All I could do was smell something. It'd been driving me crazy for what felt like forever. It was so close to me. I craved it. Needed it. Every bone in my body compelled me to take it. But I couldn't. I was stuck lying there. With that scent so close that I could practically touch it. I didn't even know what or who I was. All I knew was that I wanted that thing. I needed it. For the first time ever I felt like I could take it as my body suddenly kicked to life. I launched up off of the ground, standing on my feet and letting out something close to a roar. Who am I? Where am I? It didn't mater because my instincts were focused on the four women, who's heartbeats I could hear and... blood I could smell. I snarled at them, beginning to walk close when a blonde-haired man jumped in front of me. Something about him was familiar but made me feel threatened. "Don't touch them." He growled, staring hard at me. I growled back, taking his challenge. I knocked him out of the way, sending him flying into some nearby trees. My attention was back on the women cowering back from me.

"Ness, don't." One of them said, glancing to the side. Ness? Who's Ness? I reached out for one, snatching the shortest's hand and dragging her to me. I heard her stop breathing.

"Vanessa." For the first time, I noticed the group beside me. Well, the one who had spoken. His face was different from the women, darker and angrier. Similar to the blonde one who I noticed was coming back. "Don't you dare even touch her." He threatened, coming towards me. I growled, tightening my arms around the woman and running. "Vanessa!" Someone roared after me. All of a sudden, a body was in front of me. I didn't know who it was until I saw the purple hair again. The one who just threatened me. "Give her back now." He snapped, reaching out but I didn't let him take her. I flashed my fangs at him. "Yeah, yeah, we get it, you have fangs. Give her back to me."

"Vanessa, please." The woman begged. I looked down at her, genuinely hesitating, before I lowered my head to bite her. I didn't know why, it was just an instinct.

"No!" The man roared, smacking me halfway across the clearing we were in. I hit the ground with a crash, rolling in the grass a few times before I was stable and jumping back up to my feet. The man had returned with the woman.

"Ness." A voice spoke. It sent chills down my spine and made my chest tight. My stomach fluttered as I made eye contact with another man, this one looking like the women in the sense that he didn't have dark eye bags or white eye balls. I looked him up and down, a familiarity that I couldn't quite place. His longish brown hair, bright blue eyes. His style. Suddenly it clicked.

"Colby." I said in realisation. A little smile crossed his face but it was short lived when I sped to him so fast and kissed him. I love him. It's Colby. My boyfriend.

The Shifter // Colby Brockजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें