~ Part 47 ~

"Can you train me?" She asked eagerly. Apparently, being told she had to kill vampires for the rest of her life didn't frighten her at all. It used to frighten me.

"Uh, I don't know, Rachel. It's not the safest way to spend your time and I don't want you getting hurt. Plus with Edward around-". There was a gentle knock on the door that cut me off followed by the quiet voice of Katrina.

"Edward is awake... barely." I sighed, nodding my head towards the door to signal that I was leaving. Rachel seemed to just smile and nod understandingly before she moved to lay down more on her bed.

"Stay in here, please." I said quietly as I slipped out of the room. Katrina was already gone, by the sound of it into Sam's room, and most vampires were downstairs now with Edward in the garage. I don't know what to do with him if I'm being honest. I can't kill him in case we have the same issue as before when the old ones got mad but it's not like we can't punish him in some way.

"I don't see the girl's fascination." Edward growled at whoever was in the room. "She revealed her Lupa form just to protect him and she's going crazy over protecting her..."

"We don't need to hear your voice yet." Colby snapped as quick as he could. He sounded annoyed and tired, which I completely understood. The second Edward is out of here, we're going to my place and we're going to sleep for an entire day, maybe two. Vampires can hibernate... right? I should ask about that.

"Sorry boss man." He teased. There was a moment of silence when I entered the room, everyone's eyes on me. There were clearly splinters all over Edwards stomach where I'd staked him that were making him weak. "Ah! The woman in question." He smiled as if we were best friends and I just came over to his house.

"Shut up." I snapped, glancing at Colby. He gave me a little smile before stepping back from Edward. Not too far away but just enough to let me throw him about a bit. "If we let you go, would you attack her again?"

"My promise must be fulfilled like all my other promises were." He replied with a shrug that made him wince. His usually red eyes were fading to more of a light pink.

"What's with that obsession?"

"What obsession?" He breathed out in pain, one of the splinters wedging itself further into him. "With my word?"

"Yes." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm old fashioned, in case you forgot." He scolded. "It's how I have always been taught."

"To kill people on others' demands?"

"No, to do something if I say I'm going to do something." He glared at me.

"Well, this is a promise that you aren't going to fulfil. Unless of course somehow you can fight through every single damn one of us to get to her." We were staring at each other but not in the way Colby and I would. It was hateful and deep, so much so that I would have felt a chill down my spine if I was human. But I'm standing my ground.

"We'll see." A wide grin covered his face. I punched where the biggest splinter was as hard as I could making him gasp and wince in pain.

"Guys, take him as far away as possible and stick another stake in him. He'll live but he'll be in pain for quite a while." Colby ordered. Corey and Kevin moved immediately to grab his arms and Sam grabbed a stake.

"Be back soon." Corey smiled goofily. Within seconds, the four men were gone. I looked at Colby, exhausted and wanting to go home so badly. Everyone else sat in their normal places in wait for the three of us who'd just left while I went upstairs to check on Rachel. She was asleep. Fast asleep. Lucky girl.