~ Part 55 - Rachel ~

Surprise! Rachel's POV

The most distant growl put me on alert. Ness could either hear or see us and that really wasn't good. I looked at Bryan with a small smile and stood up on my toes to give him a much shorter and sweeter kiss. "We should probably get back."

"Yeah or your sister will go mad again." Bryan playfully rolled his eyes and took my hand. I just awkwardly chuckled as I pulled him towards the house. I noticed Vanessa's figure sitting on the roof, her purple eyes staring down at us. Oh shoot. I rushed Bryan upstairs, gave him his stuff, and just barely gave him a kiss to send him off. I made sure to watch him to his car just in case then, the second I turned around, she was right there.

"Ness, hey—"

"Go to your room, Rachel." I opened my mouth but her eyes flashed purple. She was in no mood to argue and it was because of me. Though my teenager hormones were going wild and making me want to fight with her, I knew it was stupid; so I listened to her. I ran up to my room, shut the door, and glared at the floor before collapsing on my bed. When I woke up in the early morning - hours later, I realised that I might have upset Ness and I really wanted to apologise. So I walked out of my room and downstairs. When I checked out the garage, there was no one inside, so I went back upstairs. I lightly knocked on Colby's bedroom door and waited. It opened to reveal a sleepy Colby, shirtless with slightly messed up hair.

"Yes, Rachel?" He asked tiredly as he rubbed his eyes. I bit my lip, realising that I'd woken not only him up but maybe Ness too.

"I want to talk to Ness."

"She's not here." He told me. "She went home after she checked you were asleep last night." My eyes flicked down to the ground in shame. I'd not only upset Ness but caused her to leave Colby behind too. He was probably mad at me, I should go. "No, I'm not mad at you. And Vanessa isn't either, she's just trying her hardest, Rach. She didn't want you walking around in the dark and she has good reason." He paused, waiting for me to look up. "You understand?"

"I guess..." I mumbled, still ashamed of myself. What was I thinking walking around in the dark? Even after Ness asked me not to? She saved me from Edward so long ago and I should have some respect for her.

"Do your homework. I'll get Ness back here tonight and you guys can talk."

"Thank you." He nodded and disappeared back into his room, shutting his door. I'd make it up to Ness tonight and maybe we could do something together. Just the two of us.