~ Part 13 ~

Most of the people in the room sat up straight and frowned at me like I was crazy. I gulped and opened my mouth to explain. "Awhile back, she was hunting a vampire that's been a huge threat to our clan and she ran into some other vampire on this really weird street. She wasn't quite able to stake him in time so he bit her. Then, three months later, he appeared in Cathy's apartment after she'd just been banished from the clan." Mike stopped everything and stared at me. Everyone was. They were interested in the story and kind of confused. "Jade began to trust you first because after you bit her and took a little blood, you apologised and ran away looking upset about what you'd done."

"Oh my god that story was about Jade!" Kevin exclaimed suddenly with a revelation. His eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open. "You told me that story and that when you were running away, you passed Cathy, who you thought smelt amazing and then the rest is... history." He stopped speaking knowing he's bring back too many memories.

"I can't believe that was Jade." Mike admitted to himself as he kept staring at his lap. He seemed ashamed of himself.

"Yeah, Cathy never showed to meet up with her. Guess we know why now. She ran into her vampire Prince Charming." I teased, a little smile on my face. I didn't feel like smiling when I wanted to cry but since I couldn't cry, I decided I had to smile. Just to act strong and not like I still miss my old best friend.

"Damn. Small world." Corey chuckled and glanced at Devyn. She was staring at him with a look on her face. He let out a low growl and tightened his arms around her, speeding away.

"Welp, never seen that before." I said with a laugh as I leaned further on Colby, practically cuddling with him on the beanbag. He didn't seem to mind.

"Just wait until you-" Aaron was cut off by the sound of Devyn letting out a little moan from upstairs. "Hear it." He finished his sentence. My face scrunched up in disgust making Kat giggle at me.

"The guys had to listen to you two, don't forget." She reminded, sending Sam a pitiful look. I rolled my eyes and snuggled into Colby's neck. The sound of his gulp rattling through his body made me feel some way.

"Ugh, how is it already getting light again? I swear the nights are getting shorter." Elton complained. He turned his face away from the blinding light coming through the window of the garage doors.

"Well, I'm tired anyway so it doesn't matter." Sam announced. Colby's arms tightened and his chest tensed before we flew through the house. Before I knew it, we were already cuddled together in his bed.

"So am I." I grumbled in response to Sam and settled in. Time for a good sleep.