~ Part 8 ~

I was sat in the same mountain/hill thing Colby had brought me to to explain what had happened to me. Nobody would find me here and it was peaceful. There was no blood in the air and nothing that made me want to go crazy. I say I was sat, I was laid down comfortably on the grass. The stars were so beautiful, each ball of gas shining brightly. Vampires could see far but not quite far enough to look at stars in outer space. Just then, I sensed a vampire approaching. The feeling was muted by butterflies when Colby's hands pulled me to my feet. I looked up into the blue of his eyes. "Hey." He said with a smile.

"Hi..." my eyes flicked down to the ground shamefully. I suddenly remembered why I'd ran away from the mansion and it made me feel guilty.

"She's perfectly fine." He said. "Of course, she's having a nap, but she's alive and her blood is just being replaced." A little smile of relief covered my face. I wrapped my arms around Colby's neck excitedly. But suddenly sensed something... attraction.

"Really Colby?" I judged playfully, raising my eyebrows at him. A small smile played on his lips in embarrassment as he looked away.

"Listen, I can't help it..."

"We need to test something out now." I cut him off. I let out a little growl as I turned Lupa. Colby growled right back, his attraction to me increasing as his hands tightened on my waist. "You can smell the blood, right?" He nodded, his eyes fixed on my neck. "Then let's find out if you can still feed on me."

"Are you sure?" He asked though his face was already changed. I smiled and nodded, turning my face away from him. Just a second later, his teeth sunk into my neck. I could feel my blood leaving me. He'd never held me so tight before. At some point, he stopped. I changed back to a vampire feeling dazed. "Are you okay?" Like a flash, my body snapped back to normal. My strength returned and my heart stopped beating again.

"I'm fine, completely fine. You?" He nodded with a wide smile and looked down at his hands.

"I feel really... strong. Damn I didn't think I could get stronger." He looked confused. I pulled his face to mine in a kiss, pressing our bodies together. Who gives a shit about vampirism anymore? I'm thinking about our needs. I mean, we're not completely dead. Certain things definitely still work.

"I don't want everyone hearing us again." I whispered into his ear as I slipped my hand under his shirt and started to slowly lift it up.

"They won't from here."