42. logicality pt4

Where we left off, Patton was in the hospital with an odd sickness. He lost parts of his memory and Ligan was trying to help him remember.

Character death
Cancer
Sad/angst (big big BIG angst)

Two weeks later...
"Kids, time for school," Logan said tiredly. He had barely eaten of slept in the past week. He cried himself to sleep almost every single night.

"Can I stay home?" Emile asked softly. Logan sighed and sat down. He was so stressed. Luckily, Remy Roman and Remus had been better behaved, taking care of themselves a bit more. They bathed without being told and always ate their dinner, making this time a bit easier for Logan. And he was grateful for that.
"Virgil, Emile, come on," Remy said.
"You should go to school, buddy. I have a lot to do today," Logan said. Emile nodded and grabbed his backpack, following his brothers and sister out. Logan let put a soft breath, leaning back on the couch. He got a call from the hospital a bit later, telling him he should get down there soon. Logan immediately was in the car on the way there.

"Patton seems to have a rare kind of cancer. It effects the stomach and other organs, including the lungs and brain. The sickness seems to have been an earlier sign of it," the doctor said.
Again, making shit up as I go
Logan's world shattered. His husband...the love of his life...

Had cancer

"D-do you have a cure?" Logan asked quickly, holding Pattons hand tightly.
"Unforunatly, no. We can try treatment for other types of cancer, but there is no definite cure for this one in particular,"

"Logie...what's going to happen to me?" Patton asked in fear.
"I don't know," Logan sat down, still holding his hand.

When the kids got back they could see the stress, fear, pain and sadness in Logan. It was like dogs smelling fear. They could sense that Logan was upset about something big.

"Kids, we need to talk about something really serious," Logan said. They all sat on the couch. Logan took a small deep breath.

"Dad has cancer," he finally said.
"Wait, what?!" Remy cried
"Cancer?" The twins asked in shock

"Yes..." Logan hated having to give kids so young such bad news. But he had too. "And he may not recover,"

"B-but he has too!" Remus cried jumping up in tears. "He has to recover!"
"Remus, please...he has a very rare kind and they don't have a proper cure yet. They will try everything they can, but dad might need to be shipped out to a larger town with a better hospital where he can get the best treatment possible," Logan sat on the rocking chair. Emile jumped off the couch and sat on his lap, hugging him.

"Will daddy be ok?" Virgil asked softly.
"We can only hope," Logan sighed, holding Emile.

A few days later, Patton was sent to a bigger hospital a few towns over, almost an hour away.

When Remus and Roman got to aschool that day, they were both quiet and distant. They never left eachothers side. They didnt speak. They barely even looked at anyone else. They were scared for their dad. They missed him. They missed hugging him, his pancakes, being able to sneakily listen while Patton read a story to Emile and Virgil every night.

At lunch, Emile Virgil and Delilah came over to the twins and Remy.
"I miss daddy," Emile said softly, holding Roman's hand.
"Me too," Virgil pouted.

"He's going to be ok. Dad's a fighter with stuff like this," Remus said. They shared stories of their dad. Times they were sick and he took care of them but ended up sick himself, his last birthday when they threw him a huge surprise party and he started crying with happiness. To the kids, their dads were their whole world. The only people who really knew and loved them.
"Not to be a downer, but..if dad does die...what's going to happen to us?" Remus asked.
"We stay with dad," Roman said after a moment.
"But what if...we get sent to live with mom instead?"
"Mom doesnt care about us, we wouldn't end up in her care," Roman sounded confident in that.