"Alright." He told her. "But if you take too long, I'm coming in to check up on you. I trust you, but I don't trust him.  I refuse to let him hurt you."

"That sounds fair." She told him. "But I promise you I'll be fine."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Michael started to poor himself a glass of wine. He kept trying to call Hope all day, to inform her that he changed his mind about leaving. He even went over to the house but she was not there. He took a quick drink, as he was setting in anger.

I know she's with that sleazy lawyer.

All of a sudden his doorbell rang. As he opened the door, and saw who it was, his heart felt like it had skipped a beat.

"Hope!" He exclaimed. "Oh my god, I've been trying to get a hold of you all day! Please, come in!" 

He extended his hand to her, but she just put her arms up to show him that she didn't want any part of it.

"No thank you, I'm not staying long." She stated with anger in her voice.

"Okay." He replied feeling confused. "What can I help you with?"

"Are you my father?" She cried.

That son of a bitch told her! He thought.

"Is that what that sleaze ball told you?" He asked. Michael could feel his heart rate increase, as anger soon built up inside. 

"Just answer my question!" She growled, as tears began to well up in her eyes.

"Yes, I am your real father." He told her.

"Are you wanted by the police from counties all over the world?" She cried. "Did you con a lot of people out of their money?"

"That son of a bitch as a big mouth!" He exclaimed. Now he was furious, now he wanted John dead.

"For sixteen years, I knew my parents hated me." She cried. "And for sixteen years my real father was conning people out of their money, while I was just hoping for someone to love me!"

"Hope, I was broke!" He told her. "I had lost my job at the university, because I had a gambling problem that eventually interfered with my work. I was flat broke. But I remember, doing research on genies. A bottle had been discovered, in Morocco, and was placed in a museum. So I convinced Greg, and Lois, to foot the money for the trip. They were the ones who paid for the trip, not me. I was hoping to find the bottle, so that I wish for you, and Lois, and me to be a real family. Our plan was to steal the bottle, but I was going to betray Greg."

"What?" She cried. "Why would you guys just steal it like that?"

"I did it because I alway loved you, and your mother." He explained. "Greg did it because he was greedy, and your mother did it to please Greg. But it also turned out that Greg did it for revenge. He had found out the truth, about not being your real father. Lois always felt guilty about our one night stand, and wanted to always please him. So after we stole the bottle, they called the local authorities. Greg, and Lois took the bottle, and wished to be multi millionaires, and I spent fifteen years in jail. I was supposed to be in for life, but my cellmate and I decided to escape. He got shot in the back, bit I made it out alive."

"Then why did you con people out of their money?' She asked. "Why would you not want to keep a low profile?"

"Because I needed to make enough money, to come back hone." He told her. "I missed my baby girl."

"And the half a billion dollars that I inherited!" She cried.

"Hope I swear!" He exclaimed. "I don't care about the money!  The only thing I care about is you!"

"Save it!" She cried. "I don't believe you!  Well you can forget about the money, because I'm not going to have it for very much longer. Greg said in his will, that I could only inherit it if I keep that damn bottle.  I'd rather die on the streets first!  All the money will be donated to different charities. If you act fast maybe you can make up fake one, so you can stand in line with your hand out!"

"Hope, I don't want you anywhere near that bottle." He told her. "I'm glad you're willing to give up the money to get away form it, but you can't sleep on the streets. You can move in with me! I can finally be the father you always wanted!"

He grabbed her forearm, but she jerked it out of his grasp.

"No!" She cried. "I don't want anything from you!  I am done with Lois, and Greg, and I am sure as hell done with you!"

"Hope, you don't mean that!" He cried.

"Don't!" She yelled at him. Her face hardened, as she stared him down with angry tears 

"Stay the fuck away from me!" She cried as she pointed at him. Hope then turned, and walked away. Michael went after her, until he saw where she was heading. It was that lawyer, he had been standing in front of a Porsche, waiting for her. Michael couldn't believe it as he watched her run to the bastard's open arms. As she was crying, the asshole held her in his tight embrace.

Seething with rage, Michael just stared at them. His eyes, and the lawyer's eyes, soon met.  The lawyer stared back at him with a triumphant smirk, as if taunting him to show him who had won. Michael watched as they soon ended their embrace, with that the two of them got in the car and drove away.

You bastard!  Thought Michael. You think you've won!  Wrong counselor!  You're about to learn just how dangerous I truly am!