47. Chapter You lost time?

YOUR POV

Finally I’m allowed to leave the hospital. I just want get out of here. Even though I’m worried about what awaits me. Giovanni's funeral is being held and just the thought of it makes me nervous. What made me most worried was Johanna. Since our first phone call a few days ago, she no longer took any calls, I haven’t spoken to her and she also answered any messages. Justin wanted to get her as soon as I'm out of the woods.

“Baby can we go?” Asked Justin who has already brought my bag to the car. I sat on my hospital bed and texted Johanna again. Justin sat down beside me on the bed, he knew exactly what went through my mind currently.

“Let's go home.” He said quietly and looked over at me. I nodded took his hand in mine and we left the room in which I've spent the last weeks of my life.

“My grandma and mom have prepared with your mom a big dinner.” Justin told when we got into the car, he looked at me relieved and happy. We were both relieved to finally be able to leave the hospital since he was there with me the whole time. Nervousness began to spread, as we approached to the house of his grandparents. It felt like an eternity. I had the feeling as if I have been away for years. In the recent weeks everybody has visited me, but it was so far away from reality for me, it just confused me so much. Justin brought the car to a stop, and looked at me as I sat tense and trembling beside him.

“I can’t do that.” I mumbled, staring at the house. Justin took a moment to respond, he put his hand on my thigh, stroking it to calm me down. Our eyes met as I was unsure what to do or feel.

“Baby, I'm here. You are not alone. Okay?” He whispered and took my face in his big strong hands. My whole attention was now on his warm eyes, his gaze calmed me immediately. I took a deep breath and nodded. We left the car, Justin came to me took my hand in his. Still, I was weak on my own two feet. The door opened before we could knock my mother and Pattie stood in front of us and had that typical mother-look in their faces. Lead care, love and understanding.

My father was with Justin's grandparents behind the two, besides them stood Khalil, Miriam, Ryan, Marissa and Ciccio. One was missing, and he will always be missed and that was Giovanni. Tears came without hesitation in my eyes as my mother hugged me. I couldn’t pull myself together any longer, so I let the tears run. Now that I was no longer in the hospital, I was really aware that he will never be with me again, at least not physically.

Never again, he will warn me when I roll my eyes. Never again can I talk to him, no matter what about. My mother led me into the living room and sat me down on the large couch while I tried to breathe normally again. Ciccio sat down next to me, put his arm around my shoulders and pressed his cheek against my head. He was the one who understood me best in this situation. I have never been as close with Ciccio as I was with Giovanni, but still he was like a brother to me, know I have him to give me something to hold on to.

“I miss him so much.” I sobbed and buried my face in his hoodie.

“Me too.” Muttered suddenly a voice that I hadn’t expected. My eyes immediately shot in the direction when I saw Johanna sitting on a chair in front of me, with red eyes, very pale and just sad. It took me a few seconds to understand that she was real, that she was really there. We stared at each other, both, unsure what to do with blurry eyes.

“I’m so sorry.” Was all I could say as she stood up and hugged me.

“It was not your fault.” She whispered in my ear, and this was all I wanted to hear from her. My heart hurt so much, but knowing that she didn’t blamed me for Giovanni's dead, was a relief for my soul.

“Justin and Ciccio have told me everything. I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I thank God that He has saved you.” She whispered farther as I also felt her tears on my shoulder. I hugged her tighter, to show her how grateful I was that she was here. Finally, she is my best friend. To have her here was so important for the both of us. Her being alone at home, having no one who takes care of her made me so worried. So it was such a relief to hug her, feeling her with me. We will go through that together.