22. Chapter Room 213

Justins POV

Without knowing how I got here I was standing in an empty hospital. The light flickered, as the cold walls around me seem to get closer. There was no sound, except my heartbeat. A cold shiver ran down my back. I looked around carefully, as I made ​​my first steps forward.

“Is there anybody?” I called in the empty hallway. There was no answer. An uneasy feeling came over me as I turned off to the right. All I could see was a long hallway which was poorly lit. It was so cold and there was no one to see. I searched my pockets for my phone, but couldn’t find it. Instead, I found a piece of paper.

Room 213 - There you'll find the answer.

What does that mean? I let my eyes slide over the door numbers to figure out where I was when I suddenly felt a burst of air. Hectic I turned around and there she was. (Y/N) was there at the end of the hallway, dressed in a long nightgown and stared at me; her eyes red from all the crying.

“Baby, where are we?” I asked her as I ran up to her. She opened her mouth to say something, but no sound came out. Fear came over me as I stared into her empty eyes. Tears ran down her cheeks as I stood a few feet from her.

“Why are you crying?” I asked her in a whisper, completely shocked by the sight which offered itself to me. She was pale and trembling all over.

“Baby, what happened?” I asked after she still said nothing. I stretched my arm out to touch her, when she suddenly disappeared. My heart was in my throat, afraid I stared into nothingness. This is not real. Justin, you need to calm down, and wake up. This is a dream that can’t be real. I need to get out of here. I start running without thinking where to go, until I suddenly saw a large red door. On the door three numbers 213, for safety, I looked once again at the paper in my hand. With irregular breathing and a rapid heartbeat, I reached for the doorknob. My hands were shaking as my fingers firmly gripped the cold metal.

Unsure if I want to know what is behind the door I hesitated before I opened it. A loud creaking sounded.

“Jay, wake up!” I heard a soft voice say. Confused and somehow lost I tried to open my eyes, when I was suddenly in my bed, drenched in sweat, disoriented, until I found the worried eyes of my girlfriend.

“What happened? Why are you crying?” I asked her when I still looked half asleep through our dark bedroom.

“I don’t cry, honey. I’m fine. You had a bad dream.” She assured me lovingly and stroked my cheek to calm me down.

“Are you sure?” I asked hesitantly, as our eyes met again. She nodded grabbed a small bottle of water from the night table next to her and gave it to me.

“It was just a dream.” She whispered as I let the cold liquid flow down my throat. I just nodded after I put the bottle aside and lay back down. She lay down beside me, still with a worried look, her chin rested on my chest, her arms hugging me. I stroked her gently on her bare back while I tried to calm myself down again.

“What did you dream?” She asked in a whisper. I kissed her forehead, and tried to remember.

“I was scared; afraid of the truth.” I mumbled, as I tried to analyze the dream. It was obvious that it was about the paternity test. Behind the big red door was the answer, but I couldn’t see it.

“You don’t need to be afraid of the truth, Justin. The truth gives the human certainty. The truth isn’t always what we want or wish for, but still it is always right.” She whispered and kissed my chest. And again she was right. I am always impressed with how intelligent and charming she is.