18. Chapter How much?

Justins POV

"You still love me right?" I asked (Y/N), when we arrived back home. She stood in the kitchen and warmed the food up, which she has previously cooked for us.

I sat on the kitchen counter and watched her as she stood concentrated at the stove. It was very late when we came out of the office of Scooter back home, and we were very tired. I had previously eaten some of the food, it was excellent, but she hadn't eaten still. She is obnoxious when she is hungry. I had to chuckle when I think of it.  

"You don't talk to me anymore?" I asked her as she ignored me. My feet dangled down from the cabinet when I looked at my thighs.  

"I still talk to you." She murmured without looking at me.  

"And you still love me." I said but rather asked. She looked over her shoulder as she did in the pots. Her eyes told me that she was tired and that she doesn't want to talk about the subject. I was surprised how well I could read her, how well I knew her already. We were now a few months together, and in fact inseparable; inseparable despite all the drama.  

"Justin, I...shit...ouch." She cried suddenly, and held her hand with a pain-filled face. I immediately jumped off the counter and ran over to her.  

"Baby, what happened?" I asked worriedly, looking at her hands.  

"I burned myself." She hissed in pain. I pulled her to the sink and let cold water run over her hand. Her fingers were all red, as relief spread over her face through the cooling.

"My baby, is it better?" I asked her in a whisper, as I examined her hand. She nodded, embarrassed and had a faint smile on her lips.

I stroked a few strand of her hair from her face and took her chin between thumb and index finger so that she looks at me finally. I looked into her beautiful eyes as we stood very close. She had dark circles under her eyes from crying, they were red and glassy.

She really had to endure a lot in the recent weeks and the feeling that it wasn't yet the end I had in mind all the time.  

She made a pouting face and looked at me like a little puppy. She licked her lips as the cold water still ran over her hand. She is so adorable.  

"I'm hungry." She murmured. I had to chuckle when I turned off the water and cupped her hip as I put her on the counter. I wet a towel and put it gently on her hand.

She watched me confused when I doctored her careful. I placed some gentle kisses on her injured hand and put the cold towel on the hand of my girlfriend.  

"That's much better." She assured me with red cheeks.  

"I'll make you something to eat." I said and went to the stove, where the food was simmering. After the food was hot I pack everything on a plate and placed it next to her on the counter. I stood close to her, between her legs.

With a fork I took some of the food up and blew before I brought it to her mouth. She looked at me asking and giggled.  

"Do you feed me now?" She asked and looked at me lovingly. I nodded with a smile on my face. She opened her mouth and took the fork in it.  

"Wow, you are really a good cook." She said after she swallowed the first piece. I continued to feed her while I stole something in between myself from her plate. She wiped me gently a little bit of sauce from my cheek and giggled again.  

"So you'll meeting with Cassandra tomorrow afternoon, remember that you..." She began to talk, when I put a finger to her lips to silence her. She looked at me questioningly, took a deep breath and realized that I don't want to talk about it today.