26. Chapter I thank God

“What's wrong with this woman? She calls for the third time in a row.” You complain annoyed and put your phone from the dining table. Justin and you have met at Giovanni and Ciccio’s restaurant with the both of them to tell them about Alexa and that you have met her today.

“Perhaps it would be better if you take the call.” Justin said uncertainly, looking at the phone, which now lay beside him on the chair and vibrated incessantly. You looked at him questioningly, as you have seen how Ciccio and Giovanni nodded approvingly you were even more confused.

“Why should I talk to her?” You ask the three men you were sitting with you at a table.

“Why would you not want to talk to her? This is the question. Call her back; you don’t want to be conspicuous.” Giovanni said determining. You took the phone from the chair rolling your eyes and clicked on your missed calls. Giovanni sends you a warning look. You send him a ‘Whatever’-look back.

“Do I really have to do this?” You ask with a sigh. Giovanni looked annoyed, Ciccio with incomprehension and Justin with a lot of compassion and understanding. This situation makes you aware of why you're with him once more.  You did what you were asked for and waiting impatiently for her to answers the call.

“Oh my God! Hey girl, I thought that you don’t wanna talk to me because of what I have said today or something like that…whatever but you called back thank you!” She cheered into the phone louder than necessary. You couldn’t resist rolling your eyes in annoyance when you put her on speaker.

“Yes, no, don’t worry I was just super busy.” You answer with a played laugh, so she doesn’t notice how annoyed you are by her actually.

“Oh really? What did you have done today? By the way, Justin is really hot, you're so lucky.” She squealed into the phone. Justin looked at you with a confused look, Giovanni and Ciccio had to hold back the laughter.

“Yes, I know he's the best! We visited friends and still had to do a few things beforehand.” You wanted as little information as possible to disclose. She doesn’t need to know what you do in your free time with your boyfriend; especially not if you don’t really get along well with each other.

“That sounds really interesting.” She chuckles. You wonder what's so interesting about that and doubt more and more of her intelligence. To your relief you became increasingly clear that she can’t know anything about the murder of her brother. She's just too stupid.

“You know what, after the show tomorrow we should go together for lunch next week; just you and I having a girls-day like back in the days. I don’t accept a No for an answer.” She suggested happily.

“I don’t know if I ...” You just wanted to reply when you were kicked by Ciccio under the table. All three looked at you shocked.

“You know what; I think we can do that.” You corrected your answer against your will. The three were so scared that something gets revealed.

“Really? This is fantastic.” She cheered and you knew she was really happy.  “We'll see each other tomorrow and then we can make a firm date.” She said and you agree, then you have ended the phone call.

YOUR POV

“What was that?” I ask Ciccio and touched the spot which he had kicked. Why the three did wanted me to meet up with this silly cow?

“You have to find out; you have to make sure that she knows nothing and what she plans. She seems to trust you, (Y/N). You have to take advantage of that. We can’t take the risk that she finds out what happened to Jason. Or do you want to spend the rest of your life in jail?” Giovanni asked me seriously and so did my heart briefly stopped. A shiver ran down my back. I haven’t thought about that before. At the thought I was momentarily bad. I in prison? With wide eyes, I looked at Gio, then to Justin who had pure panic written in his beautiful eyes. His hand slid automatically to mine, he grabbed it and held it tightly in his own. My breathing became irregular again, as the fear spread throughout my body.