The harsh impact made my breath short again but I got up immediately, my body shaking. It was so hard to get up.

Hendery lifted me up of the ground to be on my feet and pulled me to run with him.

I looked around for Yuta.

He was still feeling unwell. Did he survive the fall?? Did someone help him??

Jaehyun turned left abruptly into a narrow alley and we followed. We all stopped, catching our breaths.

I found Yuta who was sitting on the ground, panting like crazy.

I ran to him and got down on my knees to be on his eye level. "Are you okay?? Are you hurt anywhere??"

"I'm fine," he replied in a weak manner.

"We cannot stay here any longer. The gods, they know we are here." Xiaojun said.

"I am not leaving until I find Hwasa!" I said.

"They will hunt us down! Yuta and I would probably face fate worse than death." He snapped back, "we have betrayed our own fathers. We have to find another way to contact Hwasa—"

"Then why??? Why did you help me?? Why sacrifice everything just for me?" I gave them all a look, "You can hand me in and a whole nation will be free— the whole bending world will be free of the dark witch's threat." I said to Jaehyun. "You shouldn't have thought about sacrificing an entire nation for me, a person out of millions," I said to Hendery. "You," I said to Ten and Mark, "you shouldn't have helped me, now your own nations are at risk." I then faced Xiaojun, "why are you betraying your father? What's in it for you— I just don't understand because none of your actions make sense," And finally, I faced Taeyong, "I know you don't care about your father, but are you just gonna stand and watch as he, and the other gods go down with the Olympians?"

They all stayed silent. I needed to know what were their motives behind this. Because logically speaking, helping me will bring no benefit to them. Not to mention they knew that I haven't mastered the four elements and doesn't know anything about spirituality.

So technically, they are betting on... nothing.

Xiaojun stepped forward. "I never knew that the princess was my age! Which means you were too young to have any idea or contributed to the crime the Olympians accused you of. We went to school together, we shared meals together, we fought together— I know I haven't known you long enough, but there is no way I am handing you over to be punished."

I stared at Xiaojun. After hearing what he said, now I know that he is thinking with his head even though he mentioned part of it was because he thought of me as his friend.

"Yeah," Mark joined in. "We knew Juli first before we knew Avatar Juli, and we will never turn our backs on a friend."

"You sound like you have lost all hope, Avatar." Ten said. "And I understand that, but we haven't. We are tired of submitting to that evil hag, we will fight alongside you. Everyone in their right mind should,"

Taeyong walked to me and squeezed my palms while looking at the in the eye, "we are doing this because we believe in you. And you don't have to do this alone."