Chapter 68: The Underwhelming prophecy part 2

The next morning Lincoln woke up with the predator looking over him.

Lincoln: AH! (he quickly backs up and he woke up the others who turn to him)

Ronnie Anne: What the hell?

Lincoln: He was watching over me....while I was sleeping.

Luan rubbed her eyes.

Luan: Are you sure? What if he just now walked over to make sure you are still alive?

Lincoln: How does that make sense?

Luan: Would anything else make sense?

Lincoln opened his mouth but he sighs and stood up grabbing his sword. The rest of them gets up and grab their weapons and they get ready to head to the next part of the quest.

Sid: Okay, next is the field of fire. We have to cross it.

Lincoln: what the hell is the field for fire though?

Sid shrugs but then they heard gunshots. As they looked up the hill terminators started to walk down t them opening fire. Lincoln tried to deflect the bullets with his sword and he created a cloud of smoke around him and the ashes and embers in the cloud of smoke would go over to any bullet close to him and destroy it. Sid ducks behind a tree and then the head when a predator staff went through one of the terminator's heads.

T-600: what the hell?

T-600 2: Get him!

The predator cuts off the terminator's arm and stabbed the other one in the chest. He pulled out his blade and grab his spear and stabbed it another terminator's head. He pulled out the spear and turns as a terminator punched him into a tree and walks to him. Lincoln fired his cinder blast towards the terminator's heads blowing them up. More of the terminators come over the hill aiming at them but plasma bolts hit their heads melting a hole straight through them. Ronnie Anne drops down behind them grabbing one of their sides and ripping its metal spinal cord out of the body and she turns to hit one of them across the face with the other terminator head. As the body dropped she grabbed one of the other terminators' heads and she crushed the head of the terminator and she tosses the body aside.

Luan: Where are they coming from!?

Lincoln turns to smoke and goes above the hill and his face drops as he saw what seems to be hundreds of terminators marching towards them.

Lincoln: Um.....I got an idea...It could be risky but this could work.

Ronnie Anne: What is the move.

Lincoln: Orbital drop.

Before anyone else could say anything he bends down as fire build up around his forearm and smoke starts to circle around him creating a small tornado. He then launches himself up and his body breaks down into three balls bolts of fire that shot up into the air leaving behind a black trail of smoke. As he got high enough he forms back and does a flip and goes down as fire leaves his hand to give him an added boost to the army of terminators.

T-600 3: Hey what is that?

T-600 4: Maybe we should open fire on it.

T-600 8: It's getting closer.

They all raised their guns to open fire but before they did Lincoln hits the ground and a massive explosion went off destroying any terminators the impact radius while a wave of fire hits the rest of the terminators destroying them. As the dust settles some of the dust moves around making another small tornado and Lincoln forms and he looked around at the scorched area.

Lincoln: That wasn't so bad...

Ronnie Anne: Woah...

Sid: That was awesome!

Luan: So I take it that what he did was supposed to be the field of fire?

Sid: I guess so.

Before any of them could head to Lincoln he was punched in the face by Patrick and hits the ground. As Lincoln gets up and rubbed his chin he saw Patrick looking at him.

Patrick: Well Loud. Look like you make it pass the terminators. Now let's see could you make it past me.

Patrick starts to power up as pink flames cover his body and he punched the ground causing rocks to fly up and then that's when they were covered in the pink flames. The rock he was on started to move backward and he throws the other chunks of rocks to Lincoln. He avoids them until one hits him in the face sending him to the ground only for him to be pushed into the air and hit by another rock. Lincoln broke through it and dash to Patrick who throws more rocks to him which he broke through easily. The rock Patrick was on started to move back quickly and Lincoln runs after him to stop him.

Ronnie Anne: Come on.

Sid: Hey does this remind anyone of those missions from a sonic game that have you chase after an opponent?

Luan: Let's just go.

They follow after Lincoln and Patrick, Lincoln kept avoiding and destroying each rock Patrick threw at him, Patrick takes out a chain whip with a blade at the end and Lincoln cinder whip came out, he tried to hit Patrick with it but he countered each hit until Patrick whip broke through Lincoln whip and it stabbed him in the chest and he pulled Lincoln close to him and punched him in the face, he hits the ground but he was pulled back to Patrick who grabbed his neck and begun to squeeze.

Patrick: Well loud. It's time for you to die.

Lincoln fire his cinder blast to destroy the rock he and Patrick were on. Once the rock was destroyed Lincoln takes out his sword and he boosts himself to Patrick and he stabbed him in the stomach and punched him into a rock. As the other caught up Lincoln they look at Patrick who held his wound.

Ronnie Anne: Patrick..out of all the agents why are you doing this? Why do you want to kill Lincoln?

Patrick: He got the Alpha, he got the thing that caused the mental problems with my friend. Thanks to the alpha his AI acted up.....the director was going to destroy him.....

Lincoln: Patrick. The Alpha is innocent....the Alpha is Alcatraz. He was torture and tormented. Lori did something, I don't know what she did but she was blamed for the AI in your friend to try and kill itself. It remembered everything that happened to the Alpha. The director just wants to kill me to keep the secret hidden and he wants the Alpha to continue his experiments.

Luan: So are we going to kill him?

Lincoln: No. he's just misled. He doesn't need to die.

Luan: But-

Ronnie Anne: He says no.

Luan sighs and Sid looks at them.

Sid: Come on. Let's go.

She heads to the next destination and they follow her.