It was too obvious, and I could see that he was in denial. I think he had something on his mind already.

I looked into his eyes, before finally saying it. Then I changed my mind.

I realized, I was too afraid of the consequences if I told the truth.

He was the only person who matters to me that doesn't see me as the princess, or the Avatar. I'm just Juli to him. He doesn't excessively try to protect me.

Or maybe kill me for the dark witch.

And I don't want to anything to change.

"I—" I took a shaky breath. "I still don't know anything, that's why I'm trying to find out."

"By looking for Hwasa? The Fire Nation Royal Family's witch?"

He wasn't buying it.

"She's the only witch that we can track down."

"Taeyong said the curse that you have might be hers. What makes him think of that?"

"That's why, I don't know. I don't understand it as much as you do. I am also new to this world, and I don't quite understand how magic works." I said.

He didn't say anything afterward, he just stared at me.

He wasn't buying it. He knew I was lying.

"Please believe me," I said.

"Come here," he said.

What?

He opened his arms and motioned me to come to him. "I said, come."

I slowly walked to him, but he eventually walked to me and held me in his arms.

"I believe you."

~

"This is not good." Mark said as we ran.

We were on our way back to Lotus, each of us carrying a backpack full of blood bags.

"What's not good?" Sehun asked. He looked more alive than when we first met.

"The vampires, around the clinic— I think we have gone for too long. They are trying to get into a tent, starving." Mark said.

I guess using his seismic sense, he could "see" a bunch of people in an area going crazy.

"What is inside the tent?" I asked.

"A dying boy," Mark said. "A boy, and Lucas."

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

I tried to ignore the weird feeling and be logical about this. The chance of those boys being Jaemin and Renjun is very slim. Mark might know that those who were trying to get in were vampires and it only seemed logical to assume that they were trying to get in because of those boys.

We got into the city passing the guards, and proceeded to the clinic.

Kai and Johnny threw bags at what I assumed, were starving newborns, who were trying to get in the tent like Mark was saying before. There were medics preventing them from getting in, then they helped us by distributing the blood bags.

I then looked for my friends, Jennie and Irene, inside a tent somewhere.

I left the backpack full of blood for the newborns and just took 4 bags for Irene and Jennie.

One of the medics told me where they were so I went to a smaller tent, as I was told to.

I got in and I passed by three students, who weren't vampires, and found Jennie and Irene at the end of the room.