Alien Part II

Steve's POV

We were eating dinner and Carol started to rub her forehead and she then collapsed on the floor. Tony and Bruce call down to the med bay and took Carol down there.

"Guys, what if Nova's hurt?" I asked. Clint realized the same thing and we raced to her bedroom. No. She was collapsed in the middle of the hallways. We picked her up and brought her to the med bay.

"What's the connection between the two?" Thor asked.

"They're girls?" Tony suggested.

"Then why was Nat or Wanda not affected?" I pointed out.

"Yeah dumb*ss." Nat said.

"They're aliens!" Bruce realized.

"Could it have been a biochemical?" Tony asked.

"No, Carol had a headache before and most biochemicals have the intent to kill." Bruce thought. He rushed off to his lab and I sat down in a chair. We were all thinking about how this could happen.

"I didn't get to know her, is she nice?" Clint asked.

"Yeah. Strong to. I thought she could be the daughter I couldn't have had. She's also good at fighting. Almost as good as Nat." Clint looked shocked.

"Almost as good as Nat. She can take me down in two seconds with just a glare." Clint said.

"Nova can dent vibranium." I said.

"That's impossible. Isn't it indestructible?" Clint asked.

"No, it's just super strong."

"Oh. Well I feel stupid." Clint said.

"No it's easy to think that it in indestructible." I said.

"Guys. I found that problem." Bruce said. We all looked at him.

"At the time they collapsed there was an explosion at a propane tank in China. It sent a high pitch noise out that only their ears could pick up. However, I don't know if they will have their hearing will be normal anytime soon." Bruce said. Clint smiled.

"Can you schedule sign language lessons?" He asked.

"If they did lose their hearing, yeah. You would be a great help." Bruce said.

Nova's POV

I woke up and the lights hit my eyes. I pushed my self up and I heard... nothing. Not the beeping of the machine thingy. Not the wind rustling the curtains.

"Help!" I screamed but I couldn't hear myself. Clint rushed in. He said something I shook my head.

"I can't hear." I signed.

"You know sign language!" Clint sign.

"Yeah but what's happening to me? What happened? Why can't I hear? Are the others okay?" I signed.

"You will be deaf for a little bit. A ring thing that only you and Carol could hear happened. Carol is still asleep so we don't know if she will be able to hear." Clint explained.

"Okay."

"Do you want a hug? You look like you need a hug. I'm gonna give you a hug." Clint signed and then hugged me.

"Thanks." I signed when Clint pulled away from the hug.

"How do you know sign language?" Clint asked.

"I picked it up just in case something happened to me or my friends. I guess it came in handy." I signed.

"Do you want the others in here?" Clint asked.

"Sure. Just whoever is free." I don't want to trouble anyone. Clint left and soon came in with the others.

"Hey kid, you scared us." Nat signed.

"You know sign language!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. After the first 15 mission where Clint forgot, lost, or crushed his hearing aids I decided to learn it." Nat signed.

"Yay! Now I have two translators." I said and then Tony mouth moved.

"He said he is going to make hearing aids for you so you can prove to Peter that Led Zeppelin is not as good as AC/DC." Clint signed.

"Who's Peter?" I asked.

"He's Spider-Man and he drops in sometimes. You want to be on his team for the prank wars." Nat explained.

"Okay? Is Carol awake yet?" I asked.

"Yeah. She just woke up. You can come with us to see her since there's nothing else's wrong with you." Bruce said. I got up and I saw Cap whisper something to Clint. Clint tapped my should and told me to stay back. Cap talked and Clint translated.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I signed.

"Okay. You had us really worried."

"Thanks. But you shouldn't worry about me." I said.

GUYS AS I AM WRITING THIS I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT INTO MY HIGH SCHOOLS ELITE WOMENS CHOIR!!!!! Ahhhhh. I may be dead.

I've calmed down. But I haven't stopped smiling.

"We'll always worry about you kid."

"Thanks. We should check up on Carol." We walked down to Carols room and she was standing and talking with the Avengers. Her mouth moved when she saw me. I guess she wasn't temporarily deaf.

"She said that she's sorry this happened and that even though she doesn't know sign language but she is willing to help you as much as possible." Clint signed.

"Th-Thanks" I think I said. It hard to talk without know exactly what you are saying. Carol pulled me into a hug. What's up with people giving me hugs?

*one month later*

Tony made me hearing aids but I didn't wear them often just in case my hearing came back. Bruce said it would be any day now. I walked out of my bedroom without my hearing aids and I ate break fast.

I went down to the gym with Captain Dad and he punched a sand bag and I punched a vibranium block. After we finished I went up stairs and we all binged the Good Place (with captions of course)

"HELLO EVERYONE I'M BACK" I heard Thor whisper. Wait. I heard. I heard something.

"Lint! Lint! I heard Thor! It was like a whisper but I heard it!" I signed excitedly.

"Really!"

"Ask Thor to hell again!"

"I WAS ASKED TO YELL!" Thor shouted.

"I CAN HEAR YOU!!!" I shouted. Lint, Mama Marvel, and Captain Dad hugged me. Over the next few days I slowly gained my hearing back.

"Captain Dad! Where are you!" I shouted like I have been."

"I'M IN THE KITCHEN!" He shouted.

"How are you?" I asked normally.

"I'm good. Wait. You didn't yell. Do you have you hearing back fully?" He asked.

"Yup! Now we won't have to yell like old people. Oh wait, you are all old. Never mind." I said.

"Hey! I'm not old I'm only..." he trailed off realizing I was right.

"101 is it?" I said.