Prince

Dedication: To my great friend BRYCE1300 ♥️

*****

When the living room phone rang, you were in the garden sunbathing. You ran into the house just in time to answer.

"Hello", you said.

"Hello.", the voice on the other side said, and that word was enough for you to know exactly who it was.

"Prince.", you said with a smile. "How are you?"

Prince was your best friend. You had grown up together in the same neighborhood and studied at the same school. You always had a crush on him, but you never told him because you were afraid of ruining the beautiful friendship that you had.

Now adults, you worked in a hotel as a receptionist and he... well, Prince was a gigolo. You knew that was what he did with his life and it didn't bother you, but you knew that he deserved much more. His dream was to be a singer and he was very talented, he just hadn't been very lucky.

"I'm fine," he said, moving you away from your thoughts. "I miss you."

You felt your face flush and smiled. He didn't even know how much you were in love with him.

"I miss you too, Prince.", You said. "A lot."

You heard him giggle from the other side.

"We should hang out some day.", he told you.

"That would be great!"

But before you could talk about it, you heard a knocking on the door on the other side of the phone call.

"I'm coming!", Prince yelled before talking again with you: "I'm sorry dear, I need to go. There is a lady waiting for me."

"Oh...", you said. He was working. "Talk to you later?"

"Sure, baby.", he said. There was a silence on the line for some moments. "I hope you know if you were my girl I would leave all of this life for you. I love you."

But you weren't able to say something. The words seemed trapped and Prince hung off the telephone.

Still holding the phone on your hand you felt your heart racing. You were still thinking about his words.

"I love you too, Prince...", you mumbled alone. 

*****

I miss him... 

Do you have a favorite Prince song?