Bob Dylan #2

Tears wet your face when you suddenly wake up alone in bed. It should still be night because outside there didn't seem to be any light. One last tear still ran down your cheek and you wiped it with the palm of your hand. You were sitting on the bed between the rumpled sheets and the sound of your heart beating in your head. It was that nightmare again ... a nightmare that you had as a child that frightened you deeply. It had been many months since you had dreamed of the horrifying face of that monster that haunted you in nightmares.

Trying to take a deep breath to calm your heart, you wondered where your boyfriend was. He had fallen asleep beside you, stroking your hair, but now you were all alone in that bedroom. Getting up you walked barefoot around the apartment looking for him. From the living room came a light that indicated someone was there.

"Dylan ..." you said entering. "What are you doing, dear?"

Dylan was sitting on the floor with some sheets in his hand and a pencil. Beside him was his guitar.

"Did I wake you up, baby girl?" He asked.

"No." You answered and sat next to him on the floor. "It was that nightmare."

"Again?"

You nodded.

"Oh dear. It's fine, I'm here." He said, and gently put his arm around your shoulders pulling you closer to him before he kissed your face. "It's fine, honey."

You closed your eyes as you rested your head against him for a moment enjoying those moments of silence in the middle of the night.

"What were you doing here in the middle of the night?", you asked.

Bob Dylan smiled.

"I was writing a song.", he said. "Watching you sleeping in my arms made me feel inspired to write. You look so beautiful when you sleep."

You blushed a little.

"It's late, Dylan. We should be asleep.", you said and held his hand while you were both sitting on the floor.

He left his sheets of paper on the floor (he would finish writing that song when the sun rose).

"Let's get to bed, baby. I can't sleep without you.", you said, and he smiled before picking you up to carry you to the bedroom in the middle of the night. 

*****

Last night I dreamt with Bob Dylan and it was such a sweet and quiet dream... So I had to write something about him.