Steve McQueen #2

Steve had been hiding a secret for too long, and he didn't know how much longer he could go on without speaking it. But how could he explain all the feelings he had been hiding inside his chest? How could he tell you, his best friend, that he was deeply in love with you since little kids? He was beside you on your happiest moments, in the sad days and through the heartbreaks. So could you have ever seen him as more than just a friend?

But now was the time. You were leaving in a few days for university on the other side of the country, and Steve couldn't let you go without saying what was in his mind and heart.

He walked alone to your house. You were probably on the backyard, enjoying the last sunny days in California before moving to New York. He saw you before you could see that he arrived. Steve took a deep breath before walking through the yard.

"(Y/N).", he called your name, making you turn around and see him.

"Steve!", you say, happy to see him. He smiled before kissing your cheek. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you.", he says, and looks a little embarrassed. Steve was always known for keeping his cool, so you got curious.

"Is there something wrong?"

Steve shock his head.

"I just wanted to talk to you.", he said as you both sat on the green grass. You curved your eyebrow in curiosity.

"You're making me nervous.", you say. "What's wrong, Steve?"

Steve ran his hand through the back of his neck, trying to find the right words. Maybe the best he could do was going straight to the point.

"I can't let you go away without telling you the truth, (Y/N).", Steve says. "I love you (Y/N).", those words slip out of his mouth, making your heart race in your chest. "We have been friends for so long that maybe you didn't expect me to say that..."

His words are interrupted when you unite your lips with his in a tender kiss. 

Steve wasn't the only one keeping a secret for too long, because the truth was that you were in love with your best friend since the first time you saw his pretty blue eyes.