Gene Wilder

"I'm so done with this work...", you confessed to your friend Gene.

The truth was that you were tired... Tired of a job that you didn't like, and that could hardly pay your rent. You were tired of that town full of people, but that made you feel so lonely.

Standing in front of you, Gene wished he could help you in some way. You were his best friend, and it hurt him to see how sad you were feeling.

"Let's leave New York.", he stated with so much conviction in his voice that made a small laugh escape your lips.

"Leave?", you asked. "Gene, I almost don't have enough money to pay my rent. I can't leave this job, no matter how much I hate it."

He simply stood closer before speaking again.

"Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination.", Gene said to you, as if he were saying a quote from some fairy tale story. You smiled.

"And where are we going? To the Land of Oz?", you asked

This time, Gene smiled.

"Why not?", he asked, still with a smile on his lips. "(Y/N), the world is yours. So why staying on a place that makes you feel miserable?"

In some ways, Gene was right. Why wasting your life away when there was so much more out there in the world? Maybe, sometimes, all it takes is a leap of faith.

"You know what, you're right.", you finally admitted and smiled at Gene."Let's find our Land of Oz.", and you held Gene's hand as you both walked down the street with no direction at all.