Dean Martin #4

It was the last day of the year and your best friend managed to drag you to a party in California, at the home of a famous singer she met while shooting a movie. It was a huge luxurious mansion with employees in tuxedos serving guests champagne glasses. Everyone was impeccably dressed and you almost felt a little strange with your simple red dress and a necklace made of pearls that belonged to your grandmother.

Your best friend was talking to some actors and actresses she had met while shooting films, introducing you to all of them. You felt like you didn't belong to that environment at all. You were just a simple hotel receptionist.

Looking around, you saw some familiar faces at the party. The funny Jerry Lewis and the talented Frank Sinatra. You saw Ava Gardner in a stunning dress and the attractive Elizabeth Taylor accompanied by her husband Richard. It felt almost like a dream. All those faces you used to see on the television were right there at the party. You could hear their voices and see their laughs. Some of them were even more beautiful in real life.

And you were so distracted that you didn't see that your friend went somewhere without warning. You looked around but you couldn't see her gold dress anywhere. Where was she? Maybe talking with some good looking actor, well you couldn't blame her if that was true. You just didn't want to be all by yourself in a room full of people you didn't really know.

It was almost midnight, so you decided to look around for her. You already had a glass of champagne in your hands for a toast. So where was she?

You looked around the party, but you didn't found her. You went upstairs thinking that maybe she was at the balcony smoking a cigarette but she wasn't. You only saw there Paul Newman standing on the balcony speaking to some other actress while they both smoked. You looked at your watch. It was almost midnight and you were starting to think you would end up all alone in the first moments of the New Year. So you decided to go downstairs. Maybe you could watch the fireworks from the garden, lighting up the sky in the most wonderful colors.

And that was your big plan to start the New Year and as you walked down the stairs you locked eyes with a handsome man in tie and suit. You smiled shyly at him as you recognized his face: it was the one and only Dean Martin.

He was standing at the bottom of the stairs and he smiled at you making the world stop spinning for some moments. Your heart was pounding in your chest as you walked down the last stairs.

"Hi

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Hi.", he said looking at you. Maybe it was just an effect of the lights, but his eyes were shining when he spoke at you. "I'm Dean. And you are?"

"(Y/N).", you simply said. You just couldn't believe you were talking to Dean freaking Martin.

"Well, it's nice to meet you (Y/N)"., he said looking at you.

And at that moment everyone started to countdown the last seconds of the year. It was almost midnight.

5...4...3...2...1...

Everybody was cheering and laughing. The fireworks began outside and people rushed to see it.

"Happy New Year.", you said, now standing next to Dean.

He smiled at you:

"Happy New Year, (Y/N)."

Maybe that year was not starting that bad after all.

Vintage babes: 50's-90'sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें