Tom Cruise #2

Since high school time, you knew that you could always count on Tom. He was your best friend when teenagers and still is, even thought your lives moved in different directions. But every time Tom is back in town in his break between movies, he visits you. It feels like time hasn't passed by as you two start talking for hours like only best friends do.

"So, how's Nicole?", you ask. You read in the magazines that Tom was seeing a beautiful actress named Nicole. They made a beautiful couple.

"She's alright...", Tom replied, passing his hand on his chin, looking embarrassed.

"I saw some pictures on the magazine the other day. You look great together."

"You think so?"

You nodded.

"Are you dating?", you asked, curious.

Since teenagers,  you always spoke with Tom about your boyfriends or crushes. But Tom was always more shy about it. 

"No.", he spoke. "We are not dating."

"Oh."

You thought that Tom would say something more, but he kept silence.

"What about you?", he asked. "How's everything?"

"It's all good. The same boring life.", you confess.

"Really? No new boy in your life?", he asks, and you shake your head no. 

"No one that caught my eye.", you say.

Tom looks at you and his lips formed a tiny smile. He wishes that you can find someone that loves you the way you deserve, even if after so many years you never saw him as more than a friend.