Humphrey Bogart

You never planned on falling so deep in love, but you just couldn't help it as you saw him. Humphrey was a charming man, mysterious and, at the same time, kind in the way he spoke to you. Being years younger than him, you always convinced yourself that you didn't stand a chance with him.

"(Y/N)?", Humphrey called your name, and you were brought back to real life. You were distracted watching the sky from the house window.

"Yes?", you said. 

"Are you ready to go?", he asked, putting his coat on.

Humphrey had invited you to dinner on a restaurant to celebrate the publishing of your first novel.

"Just let me grab my purse.", you said, standing up from the couch to grab it on the cloakroom.

He sent you a small smile as you entered the room again, already ready to leave.

"Do I look alright?", you asked, closing your coat buttons. 

Humphrey was taking you to a nice restaurant, and you wanted to look good.

"Wonderful, darling.", he replied, making you blush a little.

You held your purse, making it swing slightly on your hands.

"Humphrey?", you called him, as he was getting ready to open the door. He turned around to look at you. "I need to tell you something."

"Right now?", he asked. "We're going to be late."

You bit your lip slightly.

"Yes, now.", you said and Humphrey nodded waiting for you to speak. "I need to be honest with you, Humphrey. We have been friends for almost a year, but I've been hiding from you the fact that... I like you... As more than friends."

Humphrey didn't look surprise. He took some steps on your direction.

"And I know you probably see me as a kid, and  I'm not perfect, but I love you.", you confessed.

"Nobody is.", Humphrey said to you.

", Humphrey said to you

And coming closer, he held you tenderly in his arms, making your heart race faster in your chest.

"Why didn't you told me this before, darling?", he asked, before uniting his lips with yours in a passionately kiss.