Bruce Springsteen

Christmas was coming again, and although you like Christmas, the truth is that you weren't feeling very enthusiastic this year: it had been a complicated year in your life. You had lost your job. You had felt too sad. And your best friend (whom you had secretly loved for so many years) was touring on Europe to promote his new songs... You missed Bruce, even though he keeps calling you almost every weekend and sending postcards with pictures of the capitals he was visiting.

In your house everything was ready for Christmas: the tree with the flashing lights, the wrapped presents and the invited guests. And your little sister was singing Christmas songs like "Jingle Bells" and "Santa Claus is coming to town" but the only person you wanted to return to town was Bruce. It would be so weird to spend Christmas without seeing Bruce... You were best friends since elementary school.

"Honey!", your mother called you.

"Yeah mom?", you said walking down the stairs thinking that maybe she needed help with something in the kitchen.

You almost fall by missing the last step on the stairs when you saw him standing by the door with a bouquet of red flowers in his hands. Bruce! Bruce was back in town!

"Hello there.", he said as you jumped to his arms. "I missed you too."

"I can't believe you are back!", you said, feeling so happy.

"I couldn't miss Christmas.", he said and gave you the flowers. "These are for you."

"They're beautiful...", you said, smelling the red roses. "Why didn't you tell me you were going to come back for Christmas?"

"I wanted to surprise you.", Bruce said. "I thought you knew I would never miss Christmas." he smiled. "Gosh, I missed you baby."

*****

Only The Boss could sing such a rebel cover of a Christmas song! I just love him!

Do you like Bruce Springsteen?