Bobby Vinton

Author's note: Somebody asked me to write one for Bobby Vinton so here it is :)

*****

Sometimes you could almost pretend that you weren't hurt. That your heart wasn't broken in a million pieces ever since you and Bobby broke up. He was your high school sweetheart, and even years after school ended, you and him were still madly in love.

But maybe some things aren't made to last, and your love became unstable ever since Bobby found his fame. He was a new man now, singing for crowds that knew his name, but that could never know him like you do. You were supposed to marry and have a loving family. So why was your heart broken right now?

You remember your last fight, when you told him it was all over because you couldn't stand the idea of sharing him with no one else. Bobby wanted to hold you in his arms and assure you that you were the only girl in the world for him. But your insecurities spoke louder, and you told him to go away.

Now it's been a month since you last spoke to each other, and you were missing him deeply.

Standing by the kitchen while finishing dinner, your attention was drawn to the television in the corner of the room. It was the Ed Sullivan Show. Your heart missed a beat when you saw Bobby walk on stage and the orchestra starts playing.

"Long, long and lonely nights...", Bobby sang.

You listened attentively to his voice, feeling all the love you tried to hide from yourself resurface. Because long and lonely nights was all that you had ever since you and Bobby been apart.