Willem Dafoe

Working from nine to five, Willem's day always got better when he saw you. He remembered well that winter and rainy afternoon when he stopped at one of the Fifth Avenue cafes in New York for coffee. The day was cold and gray, but there was something welcoming about your friendly smile when you first spoke that made him feel warm.

You used to work in that cafe while studying at the college and Willem went to the cafe every day just to see you. He was a shy boy, so he never had the courage to ask your name.

"Good afternoon," he said as he approached the counter. You were on the other side serving coffee to one of the customers.

"Hello.", You said in his direction and gave him a smile. After serving the customers, you walked in his direction. "The usual?", you asked and he nodded.

"Yes, please.", he said. 

Willem had a leather jacket that made him look like a biker. There was something different about him that attracted you. His gaze was attentive and mysterious.

You served him coffee and he gave a shy smile in your direction.

"Thank you.", He said and then there was a silence as if he wanted to say something to you, but he took the coffee and walked away to one of the tables. Months had passed since you first saw him, and despite seeing each other every day, you knew nothing about that mysterious man.

Willem sat at one of the tables by the windows (where he used to sit), and quietly drank his coffee either looking at the rain outside or secretly at you, thinking he just needed a little courage to know your name.

*****

Hi everyone! Thank you for all the votes and comments. 

I was wondering: what other artists would you like me to write about?

It can be from the 50's to the 90's