Special Chapter

Walking into the wrong universe pt 1?

"So how do I do this again?" Vanessa asks scratching her temple, fingers twitching at her side as she blankly stares at the space in front of her.

"You visualize where you want to go in your mind and then you open the portal." Loki explains from behind her. "It's easy." He adds with a shrug, not comprehending why she couldn't grasp the concept of it.

Vanessa gives him a look before rolling her eyes, taking in a deep breath as she tries to focus on the place she wants to go to.

You can do this.

She tells herself, smiling when she feels the portal's energy spark in front of her.

Loki watches from behind, intrigued by the young mortal in front of him, following close behind as she steps through the portal.

"Where did you bring us?" Loki asks looking around the place. It did not look like any place he was familiar with in mid guard.

"I'm not sure." Vanessa replies giving him a tight smile.

Loki raises his brows at her statement, arms crossing as he watched her look around.

Vanessa's gaze wanders around the place, her eyes widening when she realizes where they at.

There's no way. She tells herself shaking her head. Absolutely no way.

"Oh my goodness! Loki hide!" She says taking his hand pulling him down with her into some bushes.

"What is it? Is it them? Are they dangerous?" He asks giving her a puzzled look.

"Umm not exactly." Vanessa says glancing at the approaching group.

"Then?"

"Well...um...I might of sort of have brought us to another fictional universe." She says shutting her eyes tightly as she waits for his reaction.

"You what now?" Loki says surprised. No wonder this place didn't seem familiar at all. "So where are we then?"

"Umm." She is about to answer when she suddenly covers his mouth, pulling him further down, her heart beating faster as she sees shadows walk by.

Once the shadows pass, both let out a simultaneous sigh.

"Okay." Loki says removing her hand. "Let's get out of here before they find us." He says standing up but receives no response from her. "Vanessa?"

"Just a sec." she says holding the side of her head.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asks crouching back down, green eyes looking at her with concern.

"I'm a little dizzy." She confesses giving him a small smile.

"Okay, we can stay here for a while." He says looking back as he hears more voices approaching. "Someone is coming back."

"You need to hide." Vanessa says looking at his outfit.

"Right." He says. "But I'll be near." He adds and she nods, the world around her slowly fading away.