Chapter 33: cover up

Once I head back to my room, I lay on my bed and turn the T.V on. As I go through the channels my hands stop when I see the news, only to see the one and only Spiderman fighting the Vulture. It looks like a really intense battle, should I go help him?

A loud thump on my window makes me bolt up as I watch the news. What was that? I wonder as I hurriedly get up to check. It could be Peter again. As soon as I open the window he lands on the floor with a groan.

"Oh my goodness Peter, I was so worried about you, the news....." He interrupts me before I can finish my sentence.

"I know, I'm sorry. I would have called but I left my phone here."

I kneel down next to him and turn him over. His face is red and bruised with a few cuts. "What exactly happened?" I ask covering my mouth with my hand. He usually gets beaten up but not this badly.

"Don't worry, it's not as bad as it looks. Besides, it will heal soon."

"And it will heal faster if you let me take care of you."

"Alright Doctor Nessa." He says chuckling. "I have a favor to ask."

"Go ahead."

"Is it okay if I spend the night here? I don't want aunt may to see me like this."

"What kind of question is that Peter, of course you can."

He lets out a sigh and I help him up to my bed. "Stay here, I'm going to get you a change of clothes and the things I need, please don't get me in trouble." With that I exit the room and go look for Bruce.

When I come back, Peter comes from inside the closet. "Sorry, I thought you could be someone else."

"It's okay, here." I say tossing him the change of clothes. When he sees the shirt I gave him he looks at me with a smirk. "Really Nessa, a Spiderman shirt?"

"What, it was the only thing I could find on my closet."

"So it's yours then." He asks with a smirk.

"I'm not going to answer that Peter, just change." I say chuckling.

While he showers I go to the kitchen to make him a sandwich and bring a bottle of water for Peter.

I slowly open the door to let Peter know that I'm here. When I turn around I see him sitting on my bed. "Here, I brought you some food." I say handing him what I brought.

"How did you know?" He asks taking a bite of the sandwich. "I'm starving."

"I know, I see it all the time with the Avengers. You need to get your energy back."

"You are right."

"Did you call aunt May?" I ask handing him his stuff.

"Right, I need to do that." He says taking his phone.

The door opens and Peter hides on the side of the bed. Spider senses indeed. I think to myself while looking up at the door.

Tony opens the door and looks inside. "Hey kiddo, how are you?"

"I'm good, why?"

"No reason, just wondering." He says looking away. "Well, if you need anything please let me know."

"Sure thing Tony." I say giving him a thumbs up.

He is about to close the door when he looks back inside. "You can stop hiding now Peter."

Peter shows himself and rubs the back of his neck nervously. "H-hey Mr. Stark."

Tony chuckles and shakes his head. "You are welcome to come here whenever you need it, we wouldn't want aunt May to worry right?"

"Of course not Mr. Stark, thank you."

"Don't worry about, you are in good hands."

"I know." Peter says. As soon as Tony leaves, Peter let's a relief sigh. "I think I might have a heart attack, he knew?"

"Of course he did Pete, he knows you, he knows me and he knows that we are friends. Besides you know that Tony will help you out, you know you can count on him."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Here." I say handing him some pillows and a blanket.

"I'll sleep in the sofa, good night Nessa."

"Good night Peter." I say and turn the lights off.