Chapter 8: The challenge begins

As we fly back to the tower, my knee keeps bouncing up and down, anticipating the training that awaits me when we arrive.

As soon as we get back to Stark tower Natasha signals for me to follow her. Together we head head to the training room, followed by Steve.

"Stalking us Steve or are you training with us?" Natasha says playfully.

Steve clears his throat "I was just wondering how your ankle is" he says looking at me.

"It's good, I feel better" I pause "don't worry Cap, I told you it would heal, it wasn't that bad and it didn't swallow so I'm good"

He smiles "I'll watch your training" he says "maybe give some tips"

"Actually Steve I need your help" Natasha says.

Steve sighs but he walks to the mat.

"Hold on" I say. "I need to change my clothes before I train, if it's okay with you Agent Romanoff"

"True, go ahead" she pauses "oh, and by the way you can call me Nat" she smiles.

I have a feeling that this is going to be good.

I go to my room and quickly put on black leggings and a black shirt. I don't know what else to wear. I undo my braid and put my hair in a pony tail, then I head back to the training room.

"I'm ready" or at least I hope I am.

"Okay. Now, I'm going to show you some moves. Watch carefully, I'm going to test you" Natasha says.

She walks toward Steve and they both get in position. Steve stays still while Natasha shows me the moves and explains what each one is for.

"This is a crucial move to defend yourself" she says.

"Can you do it slower please?" I feel stupid asking this but I really want to learn. She nods and does it again, but this time slower.

"Now you try it" Nat says.

I hesitantly walk towards the mat and get in position. I feel bad for Steve because I don't want to hurt him or more than likely hurt myself.

"Before we start, I just want to apologize for anything I do" I tell Steve.

"Don't worry, it's just training."

I get into a starting position and play the image of Nat doing the move in head. Then I slowly try step by step. Once I jet the gist of it I try doing it faster. To my surprise I catch Steve distracted so he falls and lands on the floor sitting down.

Gasping I hurry and offer him my hand. "I'm so sorry"

"Are you kidding? That was nice for a beginner" he says taking my hand and standing up. "Take it as a lesson and don't get distracted." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Not bad" Natasha says.

Then Tony interrupts training. "I see you started training" he says with a smirk. "You look nice" he says.

"Come on Tony, we're busy!" I say.

"Even for me" he says with a small pout.

"Specially for you" I say laughing a little. Steve and Nat just watch "don't you have anything to do, or someone, meaning Pepper"

"I'm just testing you" he says "you passed, for now" he says and leaves making me roll my eyes and smile. He's annoying but it's a good annoying, like an older brother.

"Now that there are no more distractions I'm going to tell you your training plan" Nat says. I nod and she proceeds "you will run with Steve in the morning, report to me after for combat and to teach you about weapons and how to use one, any weapon of choice?"

She asks waiting anxiously for my answer.

By now Thor, Bruce and Clint are with us.

"A sword" I say to see what reaction they have. I laugh when I see their faces and they relax.

"Ha!" Thor says "I like you" he smiles.

"I'm guessing you don't have swords so I'm going with bow and arrows"

"I can help you with that" Clint says.

Nat looks a bit disappointed "you know, learning how to use other weapons is not a bad idea" I say.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yes, I mean most enemies have guns so why not learn how to use a variety of weapons"

"Okay, then each day you will train with different heroes. Cap here is going to help you with stamina and strength"

I swallow but manage to say "okay"

I'm kind of nervous....okay I'm very nervous but it's a good opportunity to get to know my heroes.