Chapter 16: we meet again

For now S.H.I.E.L.D academy is currently located in the hellicarrier which is as busy as ever.

"Come this way" Agent Coulson says and opens a door to a training room, in the distance I can see a familiar group of people. "I'm sure you have already met Spiderman and his team"

"Yes sir" I say with a smile.

As we enter the room I see Peter and his friends. When we step into the room, it grows silent.

"Hey guys." I wave awkwardly. "I see we meet again"

"Vanessa? I can't believe it! It's you, I mean you're here." Peter says "wait, you work with S.H.I.E.L.D?!?"

"Something like that" I say.

"So all this time you knew we were superheroes?" Luke asks and I nod my head.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ava says and gives me a hug.

"I needed to keep it quiet, you don't know who is listening. Besides I didn't want to scare you guys"

Coulson clears his throat behind us. "If you'll excuse us" Coulson says "I need to speak with Agent Lee in my office"

"I'll be back in a bit" I say with an apologetic look, and we head to Coulson's office.

He locks the door and makes his way to sit on his desk.

"What is going on Coulson?" I say.

"It would be nice if you could help out the new team of heroes"

"But sir, why me?"

"They could use your skills"

"I still have a lot of things that I need to learn I don't think I qualify, I don't have powers either"

"Neither does agent Romanoff or agent Barton"

"With all due respect sir, they are Blackwidow and Hawkeye, they are awesome by nature"

"But agent Romanoff is your S.O, isn't she?"

"I just don't feel like they need me" I say and Coulson looks at me with a serious face.

"Yes sir, I will try my best" I say clenching my fists in determination.

"Good" he pauses "this is temporary, just to see how you work with a team, and who knows maybe you'll get the chance to work with my team or even the Avengers"

"Thank you sir, I appreciate it"

"You are dismissed" he says "by the way, training starts in five" he smiles.
I turn around and head to the door.

"Oh and sir?" I say and he looks at me "I like the Captain America picture on your desk"

"Oh, you noticed that huh" he chuckles nervously.

"Don't worry, if you ever need a fangirling parter I'm here, not for Captain America specifically, just in general" now I made it awkward.

"I guess it's our little secret"

"I guess it is" I smile and leave the office.

As soon as I step outside his office I'm greeted by Peter.

"So....what's up?" He asks.

"I'm your new temporal partner" I smile.

"Wait, you have powers?" Nova asks.

"No, not really" I say looking down.

"But still....." Dany pauses.

We are interrupted by Coulson "get ready to start the simulation"

"What is it Dany?" I ask him.

"Nothing, never mind" he says.

Our conversation ends when a door opens and robots start coming towards us.

A robot shoots a laser but drop to the floor and roll.

When I get up, four robots have their focus on me, so I stay on the ground and wait for the robots to shoot their lasers simultaneously and then jump.

Another robot throws something but I do a cart wheel and get out of the way.

"Spidey!" I say "I need a lift" I extend my arms and Peter pulls me up. Then he drops me on a robot and I use one of the many moves Nat taught me.

By the time we finish I'm tired and breathing heavily.

"Good job everyone, take a break" Coulson says through the intercom.

"You know" Peter says leaning against the wall "if I didn't know any better I'd say you have a spider sense" he smiles and gives me a high five.

"Let's go get something to eat" White tiger (Ava) says.

"Sounds good" everyone says and heads for the door.

"Hey Dany, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure" he stays behind with me.

"What were you going to say?"

"Just that you have a lot of energy inside of you" he smiles.

I sigh "good to know. Come on they are waiting for us" we walk to the lunch area.

I'm relieved I thought he was going to say something bad. I guess I was expecting something else but what can I expect, I'm an ordinary girl after all.

As we eat I hear a booming voice in the hallway.....

That has to be Thor, which means the Avengers are back!

I get up and I see Thor coming in through the door. Everyone is staring at him.

He looks around until our eyes meet.

"Lady Nessa!" He says and walks towards me.

"Thor, would you mind lowering your voice please"

"I have to take thee" he smiles.

"Okay, just give a minute, I'll meet you outside"

"Very well" he exits the room.

Peter and his team walk up to me.

"You live with the Avengers?!?" Peter says "I have been trying to join them for ages!"

"It's kind of a long story" I say. "Maybe for another day" I turn and walk away as fast as I can before they can say anything else.

When I go outside to meet with Thor I notice that it's only Thor, there is no jet, just Thor.

"Um Thor?"

"Yes my lady?" He smiles.

"Where are the other Avengers?" I ask.

"They are waiting for you back at the tower"

That means that.......

Without a warning Thor puts his arm securely around my waist and lifts Mjölnir.

I can't believe we are flying all the way to Avengers tower!

We arrive there really fast, which is self explanatory since it's Thor. We land safely and Thor looks at me with a smile.

"That is the coolest thing ever!" I say with a smile.

"Hahahaha" Thor's thunderous laugh echoes. "I am glad. You are indeed a brave maiden" he pauses "shall we go inside?"

I nod and we head to the elevator.

The first person I see its Tony.

"Glad to see you are still in one piece" he says with a smirk.

"How was your mission?" I ask.

"Good" Nat says. "You will find out what our mission was in a few days" she smiles.