Chapter 26: Field

While waiting for the mission to start, I unpack my things and make sure everything is in place.

Since it's still some time before the mission starts, I decide to take a tour of the plane. It's actually kind of big and equipped with everything needed for mission.

As I walk by the lab, Jemma waves her hand to get my attention.

"Oh, hi Jemma." I say with a smile walking towards the table where she and Fitz are working.

"How's everything going?" She asks with a smile.

"It's good, I'm just exploring the plane." After staying quiet for a while I speak up again, "this lab is incredible."

"Yep." Fitz says. "We've got everything you could need on a mission."

"Do you have any icers?"

Fitz and Jemma look at each other before answering. "Yes we do as a matter of fact." She says opening one of the cabinets, then she hands me a box. "Here they are.

"Thank you." There is still some tension in the air. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yes, it's just that....." Jemma starts and as expected Fitz finishes her sentence. "No one has asked for icers in a while."

"Well, I usually avoid a fight as much as possible, and I don't want to hurt anyone, so I prefer to use icers. It's just we don't have any at home."

All they manage to say is "oh." Followed by "a why is that?"

"The only one who uses guns is Nat, I mean agent Romanoff."

"That's true." No further explanations needed.

"Anyway, thanks for the icers." I say heading for the door.

"No problem." They say at the same time.

The exploring continues until I meet with Daisy, who is currently working on her laptop.

"Hey Daisy."

"Hey Nessa, what's up?"

"Nothing much, how about you? What are you working on?"

"Just some hacking."

"Cool, that is awesome!"

"You really think so?"

"Of course!"

"I could show you if you want?" She says patting a spot next to her.

"Sure, I don't think I'm going to remember what you do, but why not." I say taking the spot next to her.

"So is this how S.H.I.E.L.D kept this hidden during all these time?" I ask as we look at the screen.

"Pretty much." Daisy says with a smile.

"Wow, that is a lot of work."
***
My final destination is the area where they keep the cars. A pounding sound comes from somewhere below.