Chapter 10: Accidents

The next day the Avengers gather at the living room to talk about an important matter. Once is everyone is present Tony speaks up.

"So miss Vanessa" he says turning to look at me, "we were thinking that since you are here with us maybe it would be a good idea if you attend Midtown High"

As soon as he finishes his sentence everyone looks at me. "Midtown High? As in the school that Peter Parker goes to!?"

"Yes that one" Tony says.

"Sure, that sounds good" I say trying to keep my cool.

"Good?" Tony asks with a smirk.

"Who am I kidding that's amazing!" I say with a wide smile. I can't believe it! Okay I need to calm down and not fan girl in front of the Avengers. But wait......

"Then it's decided" Tony says.

"Hold on" I say frowning and Tony looks back at me. "I need to tell my parents"

"She has a point Tony" Bruce says.

"Right." Tony says. "I forget that you are not form here."

"Let me go and talk to them" I say "then I'll come back and tell you guys"

"What are you going to say?" Nat asks.

"Leave that to me" I say as I cross the portal.

Fortunately, I appear in front of my house. Before going in, I make sure that my parents are home.

"Hello?" I say carefully opening the door with a loud creak as I walk in.

"You're back" my mother says with a smile. "How was your trip to New York?"

"It was great." I say with a smile but then the atmosphere gets serious.

"Did something happen?" My father asks looking concerned.

"Well, kind of, I need to talk to you guys about something."

"Okay, go on" my father says.

"While I was visiting New York I got offered to go to a school on Midtown"

"Oh honey that's wonderful, but when do you have to be there?" My mom asks and my parents exchange a look that I can't quite read.

"Any time, but classes start soon"

"That's a great opportunity, you should go" my father says.

"Thank you guys, don't worry I will write to you and visit and I will deal with the paper work"

"Alright, but don't be in such a hurry to leave." My dad says chuckling. "It almost looks like we are kicking you out."

With a smile I walk towards them and give them a strong hug. "Thank you."

Now comes the hard part. Doing all the paperwork and getting my stuff ready.

Firsts things first, I gather my paperwork and head to the school. School hasn't started but it will soon.

Wow I hadn't realized how long I have been with the Avengers. I basically spent the whole summer with them.

I ride my bike to school and go to the office, trying not to look to nervous. After talking to the principal I have to go to the building across the street to get the documents I need. Agh, I didn't know it would be so complicated.

I wait for the traffic light to change and then I feel someone behind me that is going to keep walking so I use my arm to stop him or her.

When I turn around to look at the person my mouth opens slightly when I see that it's Steve.