Chapter 15: S.H.I.E.L.D academy

At night, I lay awake on my bed with my eyes closed trying to get some sleep but my body does not want to cooperate with me. Gabbing my pillow, I turn to face the other side of my bed, but it's no use. I still can't get any sleep.

I turn to see my clock. 4:00 am. I guess I have no other choice.With a heavy sigh, I walk up to closet and get my running clothes. Before walking out of my room, I grab my Nikes and head to the living room.

Since the tower is covered with carpet, my footsteps don't make much noise, but I still use my ninja skills (that's what I like to call them) to walk through the hallway without making any unexpected noise, I do not want to wake up the Avengers. Unlike me, they have important things to do, like saving the world.

As I make my way to the elevator I hear someone in the kitchen. "Couldn't sleep either huh?" I turn to see Steve.

"I see I'm not the only one" I sigh "I didn't want to wake anyone, and I was going to go for a run."

"You were going for a run at this time? That's dangerous, specially of you go alone, tell you what, why don't we go to the gym?" Steve suggests "maybe go a few rounds"

"Sounds good" I smile. It's a better option than sneaking out.

Steve, like the gentleman he is, let's me go first. Then he walks behind me into the elevator.

The first thing I see we go into the gym is the punching bag. I feel like throwing a few punches. While Steve looks for something in his duffel bag, I get some bandages from my locker and wrap them around my hands.

Bringing my hands up, I clench them into fists and start punching, the only problem is that it's kind of hard because I can barely make the bag move.

"Let me help you with that" Steve says.

How embarrassing. I can't even do this without looking weak.

"Keep those fists up" Steve says.

"Yes sir" I say.

After a while Steve shows me how to throw better punches. Even though I'm not as strong as him I like to think I'm okay at punching.

When my arms can't throw another punch, we move on to practicing hand to hand combat.

We get on the mat and get in position. As we start the fight I notice that Steve is having trouble fighting.

I jump on his shoulders and use my weight to bring him to the floor.

"You don't have to control your strength Captain, I'm not going to break you know?" I say. "I know I'm not as good as Nat but you don't have to worry about your super strength. The enemies not going to go easy on me just because I'm a girl."

He uses this opportunity to switch positions and pin me to the floor. "You asked for it" he says smiling.

My leg feels squashed but I can't see much because I'm pinned to the floor. "Um Cap?" I say. "You're kind of heavy" I say.

"Sorry" he says moving a little.

"Gotcha" I smile and escape from Steve's grip.

"That's was good" Nat says with an approving nod.

"I have a really good teacher" I say as I drink water.

"Be ready by six" Nat says "you're going to S.H.I.E.L.D academy"

"Seriously?" I let out squeal a little too loud because Steve chuckles behind me. "I'll start getting ready then" I get my stuff and head to my room to take a shower.

I put on my uniform and meet Nat at the roof of the Avengers tower.

"Ready to go?" Nat asks.

"Yes ma'am" I say and get in the jet.

Steve and Tony join us in the jet.

"So..." I start "why exactly am I going to S.H.I.E.L.D academy? And I thought there was not a S.H.I.E.L.D academy anymore"

"You'll have to wait and see. We are recreating S.H.I.E.L.D, with better spies and heroes to protect the world"

"I'm curious though" Tony says "if you don't really like S.H.I.E.L.D why are you helping us?"

"In a way I have to admit that S.H.I.E.L.D is a cool organization even though I don't agree with them 100% , but it's also because one of my heroes helped found S.H.I.E.L.D"

Tony has a smirk on his face "is that by any chance Cap?" He asks.

I blush but I shake my head.

"Let's see" he says "who founded S.H.I.E.L.D?" He stays quiet for a bit "is it my dad?"

"You wish" I say with a smirk.

"Who does that leave?" Tony says confused.

"One of the bravest and strongest woman form the war" I say with a smile.
Steve meets my eyes, he knows who I'm talking about........

The one and only Peggy Carter.

The rest of the way we stay quiet, and I just stare at the floor.

"We are here" Nat says.

When we land I notice that I'm the only that gets off the jet.

"I'm guessing you have a mission?" I ask Nat and she responds with a nod.

"Keep us updated okay kid?" Tony says and then gives me a hug.

"I will, see you later! And be careful!"

"We should be the ones telling you that" Tony says.

I watch as the jet disappears into the vast sky.

"Agent Lee" I hear Coulson's voice "we are ready for you, please follow me"
I follow Coulson into the academy.

"Dr. Banner tells me you know first aid and other medical stuff" he says.

"Yes sir"

"How much do you know?" He asks me.

"Everything Dr. Banner taught me" I say.

"Good, because we are going to need you"

"Sir, what exactly am I doing here?" I ask.

"You'll see once you meet the team and the other students" he says keeping the suspense that makes S.H.I.E.L.D cooler.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.