Chapter 22: Library

We pass cars, trees and the people walking on the street. It's actually an enjoyable trip, even if we are just going to the library to study. A smile creeps into my face as the sun illuminates everything.

My thoughts are interrupted when I see a waving hand in front of me. I hadn't even realized that we stopped and are currently in front of the library. "You there?" Steve asks.

"Huh?" I ask looking at his baby blue eyes. "Oh yeah" I clear my throat. "Sorry, I got distracted."

"That's alright." He chuckles. "I do the same thing sometimes, I'm still getting used to how much everything has changed." He sighs. "Come on." He offers his hand. "Let's get started."

"I should be the one saying that, follow me Captain, a new adventure begins." I take his hand and pull him up the stairs and into the library.

As we walk through the library we look around for an empty table. There is a little squeeze on my hand, making me look at Steve. He points to a table in the corner, away from all the people and from any cameras. Perfect.

We sit down and Steve takes out his notebook while I take out the notes and books.

"So what's first?" Steve asks taking his sunglasses off.

"Hmmm......We will start with vocabulary, that's really the most essential thing to learn." I say handing him a list of words.

"Okay." He says as his eyes scan the vocabulary words in front of him.

"Just look at the word and the definition. There are some ways that make it easier to remember the words. For example, making a song, flash cards, drawings and....." I stop making Steve look at me.

"And?" He asks.

"Some people learn by making a dance." I say as slowly and carefully as possible, as if saying dancing could destroy something. Now we are both thinking of the same thing.

There is an awkward silence between us until he clears his throat.

"So...." I start. "I know this is completely off topic and I also know it's none of my business but did you ever get your dance with Peggy?"

Steve lets out a sigh and looks down. "No."

"I'm sorry." I say looking down.

"Don't be, it's not your fault."

"Well, what if we change that?" I ask him.

"I don't know, I mean, it's being such a long time." He says shaking his head.

"Leave it to me." I say with a smile.

"You don't have to do this." He says.

"Too late, I already have a plan. Oh and by the way, make sure you study because you will have a test."

"Yes ma'am." He says sitting straighter. "Do I get to hear the plan?"

"Of course." I take my notebook and a pen and hand them to Steve. "Write some songs you like. I'll take it from there."

"What are we going to tell her?" He asks as the pen comes in contact with the paper.

"Hmmmmm......we tell her that we have a surprise for her. It can be in her room if you want, and don't worry, I won't be there with you. I'll wait somewhere else."