Chapter 41

"And what about Jennie?" Mr. Manoban questioned, looking at Lisa while leaning his back on the chair "I saw her a week ago but I didn't had a chance to talk to her because as soon as I turn my side, She's gone"

Lisa nod her head "Can I.. Can I go to the storage room?" She asked.

"Why? Is there something's missing?" Mr. Manoban asked and pull his drawer "And, why Jennie is involve with this?"

Lisa tap the table by her fingertips and bit her bottom lip.

"Did you know that it's prohibited to go in the record room?" He asked again.

"I'm aware of it.. " Lisa uttered "It's just.. I need to check something about.. Jennie's files"

Mr. Manoban raise his eyebrow and got up from the chair and open his cabinet to get something.

"Jennie's files?"

"Yeah.. About the baby" Lisa said, almost whispering.

"Why all of a sudden?" He asked her.

Lisa stood up "Just.. Just give me a permission" She replied.

Mr. Manoban looked at her from head to toe and he walked slowly towards the high table to pour the wine on the glass. He round it to swirl the wine before he took a sip.

"Lisa, you need to answer me first. Why all of a sudden?"

"Our.. Our baby is alive"

Mr. Manoban put down the glass, not even surprised on what she said. He headed back to his seat and took a small box inside the drawer. He open it and a room key revealed.

"Is that so?" Mr. Manoban asked.

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows "Aren't you happy?" She asked back. She's confused that there's no surprising reaction from him.

Mr. Manoban put the key on the table "Look for it" He said and slid the key.

He lean his back on chair and open his laptop "Once you see what you're looking for, come back to me" He advice and didn't even look at Lisa.

The latter didn't hesitate and took the key on the table. She storm out of the room and hurriedly run towards the storage room where every documents of the patients years ago until recently are there to be protected.

Lisa is shaking as she unlocked and turn the knob. Big cabinets, folders and other boxes are there. Some nurses are doing inventory, they went surprised when they saw Lisa in front of them.

"Good Morning Dr. Manoban" They said in Unison.

"Would you leave me first? I have something to do" She asked, the nurses looked at each other and bow their heads before they do what she told.

Lisa checked first if they closed the door, she swiftly searched for the document. She almost throw everything that blocked her way.

"3 years ago... 2016.. " She mumbled while tracing every folders. She curled her knees and shoved everything away. She looked around  from up to down part of the cabinet. She went back and forth while checking each boxes.

Her sweat starts to break out and run through her temples "Where is it?" She clenched her jaw and took her seat on the floor while observing the whole area.

She didn't give up and stood up again, she checked once again every drawers and boxes, one by one. Dust makes her cough and sneeze several times but she didn't stop there.

She's almost searching for almost an hour already. She's taking a rest every ten minutes they she'll continue looking for it.

"102616" Lisa mumbled and pull it, a lot of documents inside the cabinet has been pull out. She put it on the floor and checked every folder until she saw a name on the top of it.