Alphadog Family- Appendectomy Recovery (Randy)

Ages: Andy- 25 years old
Rye- 16 years old
Sonny- 13 years old
Brooklyn- 10 years old
Jack- 3 years old
----------------
Andy's POV:
It was a Monday morning, it had been an eventful few days. Yesterday Rye was discharged from hospital after his emergency appendectomy as he had appendicitis. I obviously didn't mind looking after him for the three weeks he has to stay off school but just this week Jack's preschool is closed as the staff are on a week long course. Apparently at preschool he wont go down for nap time until he has hugged every member of staff, they don't mind and I think it's cute but he was refusing to nap until he had a hug from Rye.

"Wanna hug Wye Wye." He wined sadly, on the verge of tears.

"I know Baby boy, but his tummy still has an owie. He'll give you the biggest hug once he feels better, I promise." I explained to him, he was only just discharged and getting used to the medication. Plus, he was very tired. When I was on the ward with him overnight he couldn't sleep at all as they kept the lights on all night, nurses were chatting away through the night and every hour Rye's vitals needed checking. Jack looked up at me again, he looked like he was about to cry. I either break his little heart or disturb Rye, I took the risk.

"Ok, if Rye's awake then we'll have a quick cuddle but if he's sleeping then you'll wait till he wakes up. Deal?" I asked him, he nodded and made grabby hands for me to pick him up. I carried him to his bedroom door, I could hear the faint sounds of his television on so he might be awake. I poked my head round the door, he was awake but only just. His eyes were sort of half closed.

"Rye, you ok?" I asked quietly, he turned his head round to see me and nodded slowly.

"Do you mind if Jackie has a quick cuddle with you?" I asked him.

"No, it's fine." Rye yawned tiredly. I took Jack in and placed him onto the left side of the mattress so he doesn't lean on the right side of Rye's stomach. He rested his head on his chest, Rye wrapped his arm around d him.

"Wuvoo Wye." Jack cooed sweetly, they were so cute.

"Love you too Clover." Rye replied before kissing the top of his head.

"Ok, sleepy time now Jackie." I said, gently peeling him off Rye.

"I'll be back in a minute." I told Rye before I went to put the little goobernugget to bed.

Rye's POV:
It felt nice to be back in my own bed, in my own sheets that I know for a fact have only been slept in by myself. I still felt really sick to be honest, obviously I knew that the feeling would stay but it just sucks. Also, I'm anxious because my GCSE'S are this year. I'm meant to be in school, revising and closing the gap but know I have to miss three weeks of school. Any other year I would have enjoyed the time off but this year it was making me more stressed.

"I got you some water." I heard Andy say from above me, I was lying down currently looking at the ceiling.

"Thanks Bro." I mumbled, I rubbed my tired eyes. For Christ sake, surgery and then being in the hospital for a couple nights really messes up your sleep patterns.

"How are you feeling?" Andy asked sitting on the edge of the bed, near the end so he doesn't cause me too much discomfort.

"Tummy hurts, I have a headache. I just don't feel good." I whimpered. Andy pulled down the blanket and lifted up my sweatshirt near where my stitches are, gently feeling them. I was still sensitive to them, I winced slightly.

"Sorry Rye, I was just checking they weren't infected. Your tummy is quite swollen still." He said, he covered me up again and passed me my glass. I sat up a bit and took a couple of sips, I still couldn't drink tea and stuff yet. I tried the other day and almost threw up so I was sticking with clear liquids.