Randy- That Flipping Hurt!

Andy's POV:
I was really excited to go to the trampoline park with Rye today, we haven't gone out with just the two of us in so long. I really wanted to go to this one because it had a massive foam pit and a ninja warrior course, we pulled up to the parking lot. I was ready to go, I jumped out of the car full of energy after my morning coffee. Me and Rye signed up with the insurance and put on our new grip socks, we watched the safety video. Well, we didn't really pay attention but I've seen safety videos all the time for trampolines and they are all the same so ignored it. I know, I am such a rebel! We ran up the stairs and jumped straight on the the trampolines, I jumped so high that I felt like I could touch the sky. I looked over at Rye who was doing his flips on the tumble track. I couldn't even do a front flip yet, but today was the day that changed.

"Rye, can you teach me how to do a front flip?" I begged like a small child. I was so desperate to learn, Rye wasn't the only one who could do tricks. Jack and Brook could also do backflips, again I can't do those, so a front flip would be a start.

"Firstly, it is called a front tuck, and secondly are you sure Andy? This isn't the best environment to learn, these aren't the right trampolines, I don't have the right equipment to help you learn and I am not a qualified coach." He said, what equipment would have to be needed to teach me how to flip?

"Please, please, please, pretty please?" I asked grabbing his arm and bouncing slightly. He rolled his eyes.

"Alright, I'll teach you. It won't be the same way I was taught when I did free-running but you might get something out of this. Firstly, can you do a forward roll?" He asked, I've been practicing these since birth. I did one with ease, feeling very pleased with my skills.

"Ok, now do one with a bit of a bounce." He instructed, I bounced up and down slightly and did another forward roll.

"Now do the same thing again but instead of putting your hands on the ground try and tuck into a ball." He said, demonstrating how to tuck my legs in. I did that with no fail, this was so easy.

"Get a bit more height this time and see if you can flip over and land on your bum, make sure your back doesn't touch the trampoline. All the way over." He said, this was a much bigger leap. I was a bit hesitant and first but I committed and flipped all the way over, tucked in my legs and landed on my bum.

"That was really good Andy, you did it!" Rye said congratulating me, clapping his hands. But I wasn't finished.

"I didn't land on my feet though!" I said annoyed, like a toddler having a tantrum.

"Its still progress, you still managed to flip over all the way. That's good for a first try." Rye said.

"I'm going to land this, just you watch!" I said starting to bounce a bit higher.

"That's right, a bit more height and try to rotate faster so you can open your legs out in time." Rye said, that's all I needed. I jumped up, tucked and rolled over and opened my legs for the landing. I felt my heel touch the trampoline...but then I landed weirdly on my ankle twisting it and I fell down onto the trampoline.

"Oh God Andy! Are you hurt?" Rye asked concerned squatting down to my level. Pain shot through my ankle, I held it in pain and tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"N-no, m-my a-ankle!" I cried. A worker came over by us, Rye explained that I had hurt myself and they helped me off the trampolines and into a little first aid room. I was sat down on a bed.

"What's your name?" The worker asked me.

"Andy." I replied.

"Alright Andy, can you flex your foot towards you?" He asked, I pulled my foot towards myself. I stopped when I got the pains in my ankle again.

"It hurts!" I winced, Rye came over and held my hand.

"Can you try putting your weight on it?" He asked, I swung my legs over the bed and slowly lowered myself down. My foot touched the ground, my weight fell on it and again pain shot through my ankle but I could still stand on it. I wasn't in agony.

"You can sit back down now." He said, Rye helped me sit back down.

"I think you have just sprained your ankle, we can give you a brace which we reccomend you wear it for a week or two. Stretch regularly to get the strength back, try and stay off it for a few days." He said, I understood. I was given the brace, it was put on my ankle to support it.

"Let's get you home Andy." Rye said, he wrapped his arm around my waist to hold be up as I hobbled out to the car. I sat down and Rye got into the driver's seat.

"When my ankle gets better, can you teach me how to backflip?" I asked.

"It's called a back tuck, and no. Next time your going to break your neck." He said, such a buzz kill.

Roadtrip Sickfics ♡जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें