Rack- Infection

Jack's POV:
Recently, after dinner I would go for a run through the woods with the boys. It helped tire me out before bed. But today no one was in the mood to run with me so I just went alone, I put on my tracksuit bottoms and rolled them up and my trainers and decided to go bare chested because I didn't want to get too hot. I had my headphones, listening to my music as I ran alone the path created by people who lived nearby. I went later than usual so it was getting dark but there was nothing to worry about. I ran to the end of the path and was going to run back to the beginning, facing the direction for home. By this point it was almost pitch black and kind of spooky, there were bats in this area. I ran along as fast as I could because it was sort of scaring me being alone in the dark woods, I heard a weird squeaking noise and I think a bat flew across my face. I ducked and moved the other way but I tripped on some roots from a tree and scraped my bare knee across the rough bark before falling over onto the stones.

"Owwwww!" I cried, I grabbed my leg and took out my phone light. I looked at my knee, it was scraped up really badly, it was bleeding a bit and the cuts were deep and dirty. If the boys find out about this they will put some of the cleansing spray, the boo boo spray as we call it, it stings so bad though. I really didn't want it. I rolled my tracksuit bottoms down so it was covered up, I held out my phone light to guide me the rest of the way out of the woods until I made it back to the road that lead home. I didn't run, I limped. I was probably going to have a massive bruise in the morning. I hobbled back to the house and tried to make it up the stairs to my bedroom without anyone spotting me. I slowly hopped up the stairs, mainly because my leg hurt to bend it but also to be as quiet as possible.

"Netflix, chill with me. Bedroom roman- Jack your back is covered in mud!" I heard Brooklyn sing as he made his way to the kitchen. Oh Shit, think of an excuse!

"I know, I fell over." I said before making my way up to my bedroom, thankful that Brook didn't question me further. I went to my bedroom, I got a proper look at my knee. It was all red now and looked a little discoloured. Should I tell anyone about this? NO! I DONT WANT THE BOO BOO SPRAY. I made my decision, I took of my sweatpants and chucked them into the wash basket. I got into my bed, just in my boxers and put my leg on a pillow. It's fine, just a small cut. I thought to myself and I fell asleep.

Why do I feel sick, why does my stomach hurt, why is it so cold in here? I thought as I woke up the next morning, it was light outside so it was clearly the morning. I wasn't feeling well at all, I had painful cramps in my stomach and I felt nauseous, really nauseous. I also felt cold, I grabbed my hoodie from the side of my bed and slipped it over my head. I was going to grab some sweatpants from my drawers but my leg wasn't letting me. I shifted it ever so slightly and it BLOODY KILLS! I yelped quietly as I could so I would wake anyone up, my whole leg now looked discoloured and it was kind of swollen. This was bad, the boys couldn't know about this, I was so childish. Even the boo boo spray wouldn't of hurt this much. I pulled my duvet over my body, so it would be completely covering me up. I was continuously swallowing down my nausea, I couldn't throw up. I wouldn't be able to make it to the toilet with my leg like this. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep this bug off.

"Jackie, wake up. Breakfast is ready!" Rye said rubbing my back, just the word breakfast made me even more nauseous. I groaned and opened my eyes.

"Ryyyyye, I don't feel well." I whimpered.

"Aww Jackie, what's wrong. Do you have a fever?" He asked concerned, feeling my forehead and cupping my face.

"My tummy feels sickie!" I moaned, I felt really sick.

"You're burning up. You poor thing, just stay in bed and get better. We have nothing on today so you can just rest." Rye said tucking me into my bed.