We stayed silent.

I kept him in my arms, even though he wasn't returning the hug, I decided not to let go yet.

I felt like he needed this, I felt like I had to do it. I wanted to give him a comfort.

It felt so nice, I felt like I never wanted to let go. All those memories where he was always there to help me suddenly came rushing back to me. I never really said thank you, or show any gratitude or even return the favor or anything.

All that I could do was this, giving him a hug.

"I just..." I said as the side of my face was leaning to his chest, listening to his fastened heartbeat. "Want to help you. I really want you to tell me what's wrong so that I can help you, maybe." I fought to not tear up.

I felt his arms moved, and it wrapped around me. He pulled me tight.

"Why can't you just let me help you, Hendery? All that I can do is this stupid useless shit— a hug, because I don't know what else I can do. I know you're having a hard time, but you know what? If you don't want to talk about it then don't. I respect that. But I'm so sorry, that I cannot do anything to help, when that's all you've ever done for me."

Hendery hushed me and he patted my head. "You're not useless, Juli. Don't ever say that again. You don't know how much this makes me feel so much better."

I burried my face on his chest because I didn't want my tears to fall.

"I cannot sleep at night. The image where I sent my dual broadsword flying to the guy's head kept repeating in my mind everytime I close my eyes."

"I'm so sorry," was all that I could say. "I'm so so sorry."

"Stop it. It's not your fault. In fact, remembering the reason why I did that for always makes me feel so much better. I am glad that I did what I did, I am glad that I chose to save you." Hendery said.

It sounded like he was comforting me, when it was supposed to be the other way around.

"And you paid the price, It's not fair."

Hendery pushed me back gently away from himself.

"I have to go." He said as he planted a quick kiss on my forehead. "Goodbye, Juli."

He sounded like he was never going to come back, but that was just probably me.

"Where are you going?" I asked, making sure.

He didn't look me in the eye, he was avoiding.

"My room." He simply said, and shot me a gentle smile.

He's lying.

I kept holding on to his hand as he pulled away.

Why is he lying?

"You're lying." I bluntly said.

He grabbed my hand and pushed it down gently.

"Take care."