XXVIII

Rayleigh

I stood, frozen in place, starring at the beautiful structure in utter shock. My hand fell away from my mouth and suddenly I began to feel the sting of tears.

"Home?" I barely whispered. "You purchased a home? For us?" 

Damien reached out softly cupping my face in his hands and guided my attention back to him. With a beautiful smile on those delectable lips of his, he lightly brushed his thumb across my moistened cheek. 

"Haven't you figured it out yet?" His brows meshed. "Everything that I ever do will always be for you and Angel, baby." 

As he held my face in his strong hands, my heart began to swell with so much love and admiration for him. Seeing the intensity of that promise in his eyes, I knew in my soul that he meant every word. 

He leaned in, wrapped his arms around my waist, and softly brushed his lips against mine. "Fuck baby," he grunted, pressing my body closer into his. "Do you know how much that smile affects me?"

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the sound of his deep, husky voice. Christ, I love how good his hot minty breath felt, fanning across my lips. 

It's been so long since he's held me like this. So long since he's looked at me the way he is right now. It's a look a man would give a woman he's desperately hungry for.

"Come inside." He laid a kiss on my neck, intertwining our fingers. "Let me show you our new home, my beautiful wife," he said huskily.

God, just hearing him call me his beautiful wife set my body on fire. I felt such an intense need for him. It made me realize that I was just as hungry for him too.

With my hand in his, he led me up the white marbled stairs. Once we reached the huge French double doors he stopped, turned around, and quickly scooped me into his arms, catching me completely off guard.

I gasped and squealed with excitement. "Damien, what are you doing?" I laughed, wrapping my arms around his muscular neck. 

With a sly smirk, he said, "I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's my duty as your husband to carry you, my beautiful bride through the threshold of our home." 

"Your duty, huh? Tell me, what else is your duty as my husband?" I asked seductively, rolling my bottom lip with my teeth.
2 / 4
His eyes fell to my lips, and I heard a low growl, vibrating from his chest. "To show you just how lucky I am to have you as my wife," he said throatily. 

Staring at him, I saw a deep longing glistening from those heavy-lidded eyes. I couldn't hold myself back any longer. I leaned in and pressed my lips to his, kissing him.

The kiss started gently but quickly turned more heated—desperate even. Sinking his teeth into my bottom lip, he urged me to let him in. My fingers tangled in his hair while I moaned into his mouth. 

An intense pleasure burst inside of my body, flooding it almost instantly as he swept his tongue greedily around in my mouth. In that heated frenzy, it was like we couldn't get enough of each other.

He reluctantly pulled away, breaking the kiss. Both of us now gasping for air, our heads resting against one another.

"Fuck, I've missed you." He panted in between breaths.