X

As I carefully clip the pearl-white flower piece into my hair that I purchased last week, I smile, admiring how nicely it complements the celeste blue sundress I've chosen to wear for our final night in Hawaii

I gingerly fluff my beachy waves with delicate fingers, endeavoring not to ruin all the hard work it took to achieve the hairstyle. I purse my lips and carefully apply a light amount of burgundy color lipstick to my lips.

Gazing at my reflection in the full-length mirror beside the tub, I smile, thrilled with how beautiful I look and feel, even though I've been feeling like a psychotic crazed woman who looks like she swallowed a damn beach ball or something.

"Come on Angel," I whisper while gently rubbing my large round belly. "I wouldn't be surprised if your daddy fell asleep from the amount of time I've kept him waiting this time," I say while laughing to myself. The man despises to be late for anything—seriously, anything.

I turned off the lights and walked out of the bathroom, expecting to see Damien impatiently waiting for me in our room like he has during our entire visit but instead, I find an empty room.

There is a trail of white flower petals that begins at the edge of the bathroom door and continues, disappearing underneath the bedroom door.

My heart melts into a mushy puddle for the man I just married two weeks ago. "Hmm, what is your daddy up to?" grinning from ear to ear before grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

I follow the vast array of pedals through the rest of the house and finally end right in front of the beach house's entrance.

When I finally open the door, a sharp gasp escapes me and I abruptly slap a hand over my mouth. I was frozen in place, completely surprised by what I was seeing.

Jesus Christ. Besuited in an exquisite three-piece, Damien, domineering debonair, awaits my arrival, standing by a glossy black limo. Two rows of Tiki torches lighting the walkway that directly leads to him.

Our eyes instantly collide. I have always felt completely powerless when it came to him. I was unable to look at anything else but his piercing dark-green-colored eyes that make me feel like he can somehow read my every thought.

After a few moments of gaping, I was finally able to look away, realizing that he's holding a bouquet of beautiful white long-stemmed roses in one hand and a small black box with a beautiful shiny silver bow adorning the top, in the other.

He rakes his eyes over my body slowly, the intensity of his stare has me extremely hungry but not for food. I'm mesmerized by the way his jaw clenches before his tongue slips out and rolls against his lips. Shit. No, I take my statement back, I wasn't hungry, I was utterly famished for this delicious man.

"Fuck baby girl, you're breath-taking," he rasps out in a strained voice.

I smile, twirling around, slightly holding up the side of my dress. "Really, do you think so? I mean, I have been waiting to wear this dress until tonight," I admit sheepishly, slowly descending the stairs. I try hiding my embarrassment as I waddle over to him. Christ Ray, that was extremely sexy.

Now, standing in front of him, I circle my arms around his neck, eagerly rising onto my tippy toes, and inhaled his signature cologne. "You know, you don't look half bad yourself, Mr. Heart," I tease him with a playful smirk.

He lets out a soft groan before leaning in, capturing my lips with his. He slowly pulls away while grazing his teeth along my bottom lip. "Fuck, why do you insist on testing my restraint, hmm baby?" He hums, gliding his nose along my shoulder. "I'm not sure how much more of your sinful teasing I can endure before eventually breaking. I'm so fucking close to snatching that ass up and tying you to our goddamn bed so I can punish you and then devour your gorgeous body." He growls against my ear, causing a million goosebumps to erupt all over my body.

I bite down on my lip, hard, silently coaxing myself into not ripping that expensive three-piece suit off his muscled body and have my wicked way with him. I'll admit, I do love the fact that I affect him just as much as he affects me.

"Here, " he says, handing me the bouquet.

"They are beautiful, " I say as I inhale the fragrance of the beautiful white roses.

"They're completely dull compared to you, baby girl," he husks out. I blush, looking back down at the roses. Damien always seems to know exactly what to say to keep a constant shade of pink on my cheeks.

He pinches my chin between his fingers, forcing me to look up at him. " I've been a bit eager to give you something that means a lot to me. I wanted to give it to you right before the wedding, but something told me it wasn't the right time. Now, I'm glad I decided to wait because I think that tonight is more fitting."

He held out the black box with the shiny silver bow for me to take. Damien is always full of surprises, but this one feels different.

I untied the silver ribbon and curiously lift the lid, inside was a beautiful white gold chain with a matching locket laying on top of a cotton padding.

He lifts the chain out of the box, letting the locket dangle before grabbing it with his other hand. Admiring the locket, he announces, "This used to belong to my mother. My father gave it to her when they were engaged."

He steps behind me and places the chain around my neck. I felt his lips as he places a quick kiss on the back of my neck and steps in front of me. He smiles while adjusting the locket so that it sits perfectly at the bottom of my neckline.

"It's beautiful, " I compliment as I try to swallow back the sob lodged in the back of my throat. He looks into my eyes as he glides a thumb across my cheek.

"I know if she was here baby, she would have adored you." He says with a sad smile. He gently clears his throat and then quickly opens the door, tilting his head towards the inside of the limo. "Well, shall we go and have dinner, Mrs. Heart?" he asks.

I nod before he carefully helps me slide inside. My mind was still in a fog from his touching gift and his touching words about his mother. I didn't expect that at all. He must have felt the necklace was important for me to have since it meant something to him and to the woman who raised him.

Silently sitting on the leather seat beside him while we drove to dinner, I couldn't help but think of her and everything Damien told me she had to suffer through just to protect the only people she ever cared for and loved.

I can honestly say that I understand why she did it as I gently rub my stomach while Damien holds my hand in his.

I know without a doubt that I would do anything, even if it meant I would have to walk through hell and back a million times, to protect him and our daughter.

⭐️Don't forget to vote⭐️