XXVI

Seated uncomfortably on a queen-sized bed opposite from an identical one, I observed the man who laid asleep, completely unaware of what's to come when I wake him from his peaceful slumber

Seated uncomfortably on a queen-sized bed opposite from an identical one, I observed the man who laid asleep, completely unaware of what's to come when I wake him from his peaceful slumber. Does he know about me or our mother?

My eyes roamed over his face, noticing his busted lip and swollen jaw. Ink had mentioned at the estate how he was a fighter and even stressed about how good he is. I'm impressed. 

"I need you both prepared," I warned both Ink and DJ. "He's not going to be happy."

Chuckling, they both positioned themselves at the end of the bed and watched as I stood over him. 

Nick suddenly burst in, a blunt hanging from his lips, "Don't you guys be starting the family reunion without me?" Jesus Christ. 

I shook my head and shifted my eyes back to Caleb. Nick flopped down onto the bed beside him and folded his arms behind his head, "Wakey-wakey baby boy," he sang with a devious smile plastered on his lips.

Caleb groaned, squeezing his eyes tighter, "Fuck," he cursed under his breath, moving his hands over his face. 

Nick rolled onto his side and placed a hand on his chest, "wake up, you stallion, you. I want another round," he said, making his voice sound more feminine. Oh, for fuck's sake.

The guys snickered when Caleb paused. He slowly pulled his hands from his face, peeled open an eye, and looked towards Nick. 

"Good morning," Nick said to him smiling.

Caleb's brows fused stunned, "Who the hell are you?" He asked in a raspy voice.

"Nick," I immediately warned, knowing that the prick would take his joke as far as he could. 

Nick sighed dramatically and moved from the bed. Caleb's icy blue eyes met my green ones and sat against the bed's headboard. "W-who the fuck are you?" He asked me, now more alert, running his eyes over my frame. 

My lips twitched. This asshole is sizing me up. He's a fighter alright. 

"Damien Heart," I was short and to the point. "I hope these bone heads," I gestured to Ink and DJ, "didn't cause you too much trouble last night." 

Caleb darted his eyes towards the guys, sweat dusted his forehead, "Why am I here?" he asked.

"Why don't we discuss everything once you've gotten cleaned up? I'll have my men escort you to the estate." 

He moved to stand but paused when he noticed DJ and Ink taking a step closer to him. Sliding a shaky hand through his disheveled hair, he exhaled a heavy breath. 

"What do you want?" He asked me, Adam's apple shifting on a tight swallow. "If it's about money, you're wasting your time. I don't have any." 

I laughed. "I don't need money, Caleb. Especially from you."