III

Pulling the Bentley onto the narrow driveway, the car's headlights beam onto the familiar beach house that my mother placed in my name weeks before her death

Pulling the Bentley onto the narrow driveway, the car's headlights beam onto the familiar beach house that my mother placed in my name weeks before her death. The same beautiful house she purchased when I was only fifteen.

I look over at Ray and begin to chuckle. She fell asleep the moment her ass hit the seat. The doctor did warn us that she'll be more exhausted at this stage of her pregnancy. I wonder how exhausted she will be once I get her naked with my cock buried to the hilt?

Cutting the engine, I quickly slide out of the car and make my way over to her side. "Come on baby girl," I grunt as I lift her sleeping form out of the car and head up the pathway towards the entrance. "Oh my!" I hear as I step up the stairs. Mama Joanne, our housekeeper, stands in the doorway of the house with a big welcoming smile on her face. She's been working for our family since the house was purchased. Mom didn't like the idea of just leaving the house empty when we weren't here, so she hired Joanne to keep the house in order.

"Mr. Heart, it's so nice to see you again." She smiles as she holds the door open for me. Her curious eyes peer down at Ray, a smirk lifting her lips. "I see that you fulfilled your momma's wish. Must be quite the woman to snatch your stubborn self." She chuckles.

Placing a kiss on top of her wrinkled forehead, "Oh trust me, she's all I could ever ask for." She softly laughs, "I'm sure your momma would have approved. Lord, I sure do miss that woman." she sighs, her happy expression falling. Yeah, that makes two of us.

I smile and began to carry Ray through the house, heading to the master bedroom. "You've rearranged the rooms as I requested, right?" I ask Mama Joanne before stepping inside.

"Yes, of course, Sir. All your mommas' belongings were packed and placed in the spare room as you asked." She replies. I softly let out a sigh of relief, seeing her things how they use to be would have conjured up emotions that I am not quite ready to deal with—at least not tonight. Tonight, I just want to hold my bride and fall asleep with her in my arms, where she belongs.

Mama Joanne grabs the remote for the lights off the dresser and dims the lights as I pull the covers back, gently placing Ray into the bed. After I cover her up, she hands me the remote and quickly wishes me goodnight on her way out. She will return tomorrow to officially meet Ray, but after she will only come and clean while we are out doing the things I've planned for us. I want Ray to myself when we are here in the house. I want to soak up as much of her as I can.

It feels like every time we start to feel happy and things begin to fall into place, something or someone comes along and fucks it up for us. We both need to enjoy each other. That's the only reason I made our honeymoon a two-week trip. I normally wouldn't leave my family like this with the Russians coming for us, but I'd do anything for her. I'd give her my life if need be.

I grabbed our bags from the car and placed them in the master bedroom and then check my messages so I can make sure things are as they were when I left. There are just a couple of updates from Cole and a message from Kaye asking me to message her when we land. I send Kaye a quick text letting her know we've arrived and then head for a much-needed shower, hoping the heat will ease my tense muscles.