I

I have never felt so at peace and happy in my entire life like I am at this very moment

I have never felt so at peace and happy in my entire life like I am at this very moment. Watching her smile at her friends and family. The laughter that falls so easily from her mouth is quite addictive for me. I hope to see her smile and hear her laughter for the rest of my life.

I have accomplished a lot in the last several months but today I've married the only person who has captured my fucking heart. She and our daughter that's growing inside of her are the most important things to me now. Their happiness and safety are my utmost concerns.

Feeling my lip lift slightly, I bend down to her ear as she gazes at the reception's crowd with a pleasing expression. "When you smile that way, you make it so hard not to end the party early just so I can have you all to myself," I murmur in a throaty voice, my smirk widening as I watch those familiar goosebumps spread down her arm.

Placing the non-alcoholic champagne to her lips, she takes a sip, trying to hide her smile. "Kaye would give you hell if you dare take me away from her so soon." she chuckles as she places her glass down on the table.

"Baby, I would take on any kind of hell for you." I husk out, trailing my finger along the top of her shoulder.

"Stop making her hot and bothered, big guy. Shit, you have two weeks to ravish her," Kaye says as she steps up to our table. Fucking cock block. Where is Cole when I need his ass?

"I saw your mother," Kaye says to Ray as she took a seat opposite her. I hadn't known she showed up, to be honest, my eyes have hardly left my wife's sight since I laid my eyes on her walking towards me to pronounce our love to one another.

"I saw her earlier but she hasn't come to speak to me yet. I don't know if she's scared to or if it's that she doesn't approve of my decision of marrying Damien." Ray frowns slightly.

"I don't think it's either. She may want you to enjoy yourself and not make it unpleasant for you. I think she will find you before we leave, to congratulate you, I'm sure." I inform Ray, grabbing her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Even though you're an ass sometimes, I think you're pretty great, big guy." Kaye chuckles. "Dito, doll," I send her a wink. Kaye's eyes squint sending me an evil glare.

"You are so damn lucky that I don't want my best friend to be a widow so soon, " she grumbles causing me and Ray to burst out laughing.

"Oh, I think I have an idea of who was in who's company last night," Kaye says causing Ray to light up with a mischief expression. Ray turns to me, "sorry, I'll be right back. I need to speak with Kaye privately." Ray informs as she begins to stand.

I stand and help her up. "Don't be too long," I murmur in her ear before placing a soft kiss on her cheek. "I won't." she smiles as Kaye grabs her hand and pulls her away.

Fixing my tux jacket, I settle myself back into my chair, grabbing my glass of bourbon and take a swig. Lorenzo walks up and takes a seat beside me. "Congratulations, you are a lucky man." he smiles as he pulls out a big Cuban cigar from his jacket.