VII

The past two weeks have been the most incredible two weeks of my entire life

The past two weeks have been the most incredible two weeks of my entire life. Not only have I enjoyed the much-needed alone time with Damien, but we also got to enjoy doing some amazing new things together.

From snorkeling and swimming with sea turtles to a romantic evening out on the water in a beautiful yacht. Plus, the countless stops at the town's local gift shops. I made sure to purchase souvenirs for everyone back home.

We also made stops at the more high-end shops and Damien instructed me to purchase whatever my heart desired.

But, what I loved most about our stay, were our evenings, snuggled up on a big blanket lying on the beach not too far from the ocean. Feeling at peace, listening to the waves as they crashed against the big rocks. Watching the beautiful pink and orange sky while the sun sets behind the water.

It was so mesmerizing, it almost looked as if the sun was literally sinking into the dark blue sea. I'm going to miss it here. I'm going to miss the time I've had, just Damien and me, unlike when we go back to the reality awaiting us in New York.

First thing tomorrow morning we are scheduled to fly back to New York. Once we arrive in the city, Damien will be holding a meeting with his guys so he can fill them in on Dante's disclosure the day of our wedding.

I have a feeling that a couple of Dante's men won't be too thrilled or accepting of Damien replacing Dante once he's ready to pass on the title. But Dante has repeatedly assured me that during the time that Damien is learning how the organization works, the others will get to know Damien better. I hope he's right. Will they be able to accept the decision that Dante and I have made?

My older brother Cole was originally next in line, but he refused the offer and expressed to Dante that he had sworn an oath to Damien and was happy with his decision. I'm not prepared to take the responsibility of running an organization of that size on my own. Having Damien take on the position with me by his side as husband and wife is more practical and will benefit both families.

Snuggled up on the tan-colored couch with my feet elevated, chatting on the phone with Kay, I tear open a family-size bag of barbecue potato chips.

"Have you gotten any bigger?" Kaye asks.

I snort, "Yeah, I swear Kaye, you'd think I swallowed a damn beach ball."

She laughs as I shove a chip into my mouth, mentally moaning from the intense, spicy, tangy barbeque flavor-covered chip.

"Where is Damien? Why are you wasting the last day of your honeymoon calling me?" she questions.

I had a sudden craving for Hawaiian Tropical flavored shaved ice and Damien was more than happy to run out and get for his beach ball-shaped wife. "I had a hankering for some Hawaiian shaved ice, so he's out getting it for me." I smile.

The Damien I know now has come such a long way from the Damien I met over a year ago. I couldn't have asked for a better, more loyal man. He's been incredible my mood swings and my odd cravings at ill-timed hours. And the man is a sex God, what more could I ever want in a man?