83

Jimin and the baby were kept a week after the birth. Jin told him that he could breastfeed, so Jaeyu has either been sleeping very quietly in my arms or in Jimin's, suckling at his chest until he fell asleep again and Jimin would give him back to me after some persuasion to let him sleep. Jimin's mother came to visit us and cried herself upon seeing her grandson. What surprised the both of us was Jimin asking for his father. He nodded when I asked him if he was really sure about it.

He entered the hospital a day later, Jimin pulling up his gown again after Jaeyu fell asleep, about to give him to me when the door opened. Jimin's mother had been reading a book, but her face steeled at the man in the door. Jaeyu was pulled back into Jimin's chest, me sitting next to him on the bed and wrapping my arms around him.

"Jimin," he stated, watching the three of us on the bed. One sleeping, one holding the one sleeping closely, and one protecting the two.

"Father," Jimin replied shakily.

"I heard—and see—you've given birth?"

"Yes," he breathed out.

"May I see my grandson, then?"

"On a few conditions," Jimin responded, voice hard to show he was serious. "One, you don't harm me or my baby. Two, you don't yell at us anymore. And three, you take your discrimination of omegas and shove it up your ass."

Mr. Park's nostrils flared, hands started to clench.

"Otherwise," Jimin continued, "Jaeyu is not your grandson and I am not your son. I've done everything I could to gain your approval, and what do I get instead? A rough school, beatings, and threats for something I couldn't help. I have done few things not in hope for your approval, but they've turned out well for me, haven't they? So I will no longer be under your pressing thumb, in your iron fist, or on my knees for validation. I was recruited, I found my mate, married him, and now have a child. So you will either treat me as a human person, or have no child and no grandson. Of course, this doesn't go for eomma. She'll always have both."

We heard a breath of relief to the side of us, but we were focused on the fuming man in front of us.

"Am. I. Clear?" Jimin finished, voice low.

God, I loved him so much.

"Crystal," Mr. Park replied through gritted teeth.

"Do you accept my conditions?"

"I do," he muttered, clenching and unclenching his hands. Jimin stared at him for a moment before waving his hand towards him. Mr. Park came nearer, Jimin remaining stiff as he adjusted Jaeyu in his arms carefully to not wake him up. His head now was closer to me, face uncovered as he slept soundly not noticing the tension.

I gave a quick glance from the baby, to Jimin, to my mother in law, and then to my pending father in law.

Jimin was focusing on the baby, Mrs. Park was holding her breath and watching the scene nervously, and Mr. Park... looked almost awed...

He didn't look at all disgusted as I thought he might've looked when he saw the baby, but instead he was examining Jaeyu with a wonder and questioning.

"Can..." he licked his lips. "Can I hold him?"

"I'm not sure how safe I feel with that," Jimin murmured.

"Okay," Mr. Park breathed, shocking those in the room.

"Yoongi?" Jimin started softly. I hummed and kissed his temple.

"Yes, baby?"

"Can you go to the cafeteria and get some lunch for us please?"

"Are you sure?" I asked worriedly, giving him a gentle squeeze.

"Please," he said again, jerking his head to his dad.

I blinked before getting the picture and nodding. "Of course."

Mrs. Park picked up on it to. "Should I come to help?"

"No," Jimin said quickly.

"It's okay, I can do it by myself," I offered, kissing Jimin's cheek gently. "I'll be right back."

"Thank you," he whispered before turning his head pressing his lips against mine in a short and chaste peck.

"I'll try and grab a few extra pudding cups if they have them out," I threw out before kissing Jaeyu's head so softly it might not have happened before kissing Jimin once more and getting out of the bed.